Need motivation to get those six pack abs

tlee1

I'm having a hard time getting rid of the fat in my ab area.

Here is my routine:
I do ab exercises 3 days a week
I use the elliptical machine 5 days a week
I play basketball and shoot around 2 to 3 days a week
I do weight curls 3 days a week

I don't smoke or drink alcohol.
I do have a cheat day where I sometimes drink soda and eat sweets.
But for the other 6 days I eat oatmeal, brown rice, salads, skinless chicken, fish, grilled skinless chicken strips and water.
For snacks I eat rice cakes and craisins.

I'm losing fat everywhere else except my stomach.
I'm tempted to go to the nutrition store and buy some fat burning/appetite suppressing pills to supplement my workout but I want to avoid going that route.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would advice against the pills. They will not only take away your money but also your health.

How much do you weight and what is your height?

As far as I know, you can't lose fat on a specific body area. You will lose equally on all the body, since the stomach area is where most fat is stored, it may take a while to lose it.

Ab exercises may help to tone the abdominal muscles, but if there is a layer of fat above it, it won't help you too much.

Do you know what your caloric intake is? You can still gain fat if you eat too much, even if it is considered "healthy".

If you have access to a food scale, I suggest you get one, you may want to check this thread here; http://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/16780-Easiest-Fat-Loss-Tip-Ever

You can also calculate calories of food on websites like CalorieKing (this one doesn't require registration), Fitday and My Fitness Pal. (If you weigh your food, then you can measure calories more accurately)

Thanks for the tips.
To answer your question,
I'm 6'0 and between 185-190.
I don't know what my calorie intake is but I will start measuring it from now on.

hi there, it sounds like you have a decent diet and know what you are doing, the odd cheat meal or sweet shouldnt hurt if you are training or exercising alot, however to shift the last few pounds around the ab area there are quite a few different things you could do
do you know your current calore requirements? maybe you are eating too much even if it is good foods?
have you tried eating smaller portions but more often?
have you tried doing a variety of weighted exercises when you train? or do you do the same ones ?

Back