Need Help where to start.

Jap901

Hello All I am 6ft 207lbs 30 years old Male and need to lose some wieght I like to get back to 165 to 170 lbs I wieght that about 2 years ago untell i went from a fast past factor job to a slower past constucion job and now I am back in school and i set for 6hrs and go home and do manly nothing.

I have almost stoped smoking I have had about 2 paks in 3 weeks I have also started drinking Water mostly started 2 days ago. Planing on going to the track after school to run as soon as it stops raining here.

So my question is do any of you have a good plane for me to go by or which plane should i go buy?

Thanks for any help

Jim

Jim,
I would say you're on the right track epecially by drinking the water. I count calories and work out. I have a book at it says for an active male trying to lose weight stick to 1500-1800 calories a day. I also try to stick with any carbs I'm eating to be whole wheats or whole grains. Watch your sugar and fat in take. Alot of people in the forum will be able to offer better suggestions I'm sure but at least that's a start for you.
Welcome and good luck!!!

Hello thank you 2Cute for you reply. ;)

I step on the scall this week end and found out :eek: i am know longer 207lbs I am 222lbs :( .

One of my biggest problems is Milk I love Milk but i have pushed back from it a lot I have some in the morning wiith my ceral and mabe a glass in the afternoon now compaired to the half a gallon or so more i use to drink a day.

Thanks all

Jim

Last edited:
sorry for the gain....i like milk too and its great for you,have you treid switching to 1% or skim it might help. you get the calcium but less fat than 2% or whole milk. you can also try drinking less of it and replacing it with water or a diet drink(waters better for you though) :)

Hello thanks smilly for you reply

I drink 2% milk now but can't hack the 1% / skim milk :eek: I have cut down on drinking as much milk as about 8 to 16oz a day and i drink more water than i ever had I try to drink 60oz a day i think that is about a half a gallon. I no longer drink coke or tea, If its not water or milk its Juice.

As for the type food i eat and how i eat is not good for me i know. In the morning "if i eat" it is a bowl of ceral for lunch some fast food if i eat lunch and i usly get a good hafty dinner.

From what i been reading is me not eating in the morning slows my metobolism down and cause my body to store fat for energy and the big dinner i eat is no good ether do to I am sleeping on it and it's stored as fat also.

I read about eat the right foods no fryed foods or fatty food and then they talk about good fat and bad fat in foods and you need some fat but the right kind of fat and read about food that your metobolism uses up quickly is what you want but i never see a list of the foods thats good for you/me to help you/me set up a good daily eating/diet plain to go by.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks Jim

I didnt like the skim when i started drinking it but you get used to it after awhile lol.
your right you need to start your day off with a good breakfast
something like oatmeal,whole grain cereals, or like an egg white omelet with an extra egg added into it for color(i cant do just egg whites doesnt look right to me lol)
you need to cut out the bad fats from fried foods an include some that are good for you such as salmon,this is very good for you,olive oils,avocados,raw almonds are all a good source of fats
you need to add lean protein like chicken breast,tuna, very lean beef,cotage chees and egg whites they are all good sources
fruits and vegetables are good add them in
stay away from white breads,sugary things and highly processed stuff that isnt good for you,
i try and eat 6 smaller meals a day it keeps your metabolism going and helps you from over eating at supper time
good luck:)

Yeah I used to drink 2% and hate drinking skim, seemed too watery, now 2% tastes like crap after drinking skim for so long. And about the juice thing, a good amount of todays juices ar just as bad for you as soda. The more meals you eat a day the better definitely, just make sure that theyre similar in calories, more small meals a day the better!@ And smiley, your getting good, a little too good...........

errtu140 said:
@And smiley, your getting good, a little too good...........

Ooooo....a complement from errtu **falling off my chair** didnt think it was possible lol :p
thanks i've gotten some good advice along the way,cant help but share it w/ others. ;)

thanks errtu and smilly for your replysand info I will give the skim milk a shot and thats for the input on the foods.

My monday - friday scedule is like this wake up at 6:30am leave at 7:20am start school at 8:00am 15min break at 9:00am 1 hour lunch at 11:00am break at 1:00pm schools out at 2:30pm.

I just took a part time job at the school after i am done at 2:30pm and it is for 3 hrs I swip, vacum, take out trash, wash windows, and mop and that mop worked me over today lol

I can make a good meal for breakfast and lunch but what would be a good snake or meal for my 15 min break times?

Thanks Jim

for my breaks I just bring protein powder in a shaker cup, then when I need it, add some water and drink. Takes less than 30 seconds to drink, if you want the shake to be around 200 calories then use milk, just make sure its refridgerated. And for lunch at work I just cook up some chicken and rice, then refridgerate it over night in tupperware, then just eat it at work, keeps me goin for the rest of the day and gives me a good amount of protein too.

i agree a protein shake is a good snack option well its what i do anyways. usually a shake and a fruit(plus its a good way to make skim milk taste better ;) )
but if your not into the whole shake thing you could do something like a granola bar (trans free) with a yogurt, cottage cheese and a fruit, small handfull of nuts and a fruit, even a sandwich or 1/2 a sandwich(tuna/chicken/salmon/egg) on whole grain bread or wrap(not too heavy on the mayo or use a light one or mustard) and drink lots of water (i go for 1 gallon or more a day) good luck :)

Back