need advice or tips on my situation.

so the first part of this year my training has just plateaud been setting goals and havent achieved them :( only 2 or 3 years ago when i started training i was getting great results people were commenting on me about my body and how good it was, i use to be so much stronger. But lately i am alot weaker for some reason, my mates use to be below in terms of gym and now are ahead of me looking so much better then i do and im just not improving. I know this sounds like im complaining and in some respect i do need to lift my game alot but the ironic thing about this is that my line of work is a personal trainer for some reason i can make other people achieve goals but have such trouble achieving mine. So people please help me on how i can motivate myself better and get back to where i use to be only a few years ago i dont like being the underdog next to my mates i want people start noticing me again apart from my mates.

If you've plateaued and need help fixing it, we're going to need to know your routine.

Adding to Justins post, good to know what you are doing, even better to know what you want to gain.
For some of us fitness is everything and the mirror is something we use to scare ourselves awake, maybe that's just me. Others mirror is king and fitness is a nice to have.
Any training needs variety but this has to be controlled, not changing every day or week, to improve you have to recover meaning rest and nutrition become important. Mental attitude is another key point and the most depressing one, genetics.
The last one is used as an excuse a lot. Being naturally strong for my size but pathetically small I have watched many more gifted start off smaller and weaker then surpass me in both regards. Because I have been training so long I have also noticed most of them have stopped and are now bigger in different ways and far weaker, getting it is one thing keeping it takes commitment.

We all hit plateaus every now and then and a good shock session is usually all it takes to boost you back up. There are occasions when the shock session is to improve something we are lacking and the benefits we want come after but they are still good. An example is where people have been doing the same style or routines for a few years often changing the exercises weekly in the last while in the aim of building up. They realise the issue is that they haven't got the endurance to recover or strength to lift enough to keep growing then do a 6 to 8 week routine to hit that area then go back to do a standard routine for building.

By the way Justin what do you think, 5 x 5 deadlifts?

It's possible to keep your healthier bodyweight by neglecting those harmful routines and training determination to keep yourself looking and sensation excellent

Always good looking body is not perfect body. How much you are fit and strong, are most important things. Your stamina and work energy are key roles in your fitness so focus on fitness not body shape.

Back