Natalie's Diary

Flexibility

Originally posted by Natalie
[B

....., some stretches - I am sooo unflexible...that has to change. [/B]

Natalie, you're doing great, but take it easy on the old bod. I know you want to get going on those exercises, but BEFORE starting your routine spend a few moments stretching. Very important to avoid damaging soft tissue, muscles, ligaments, etc. there is fabulous book on stretches called Anderson's Stretches...really good.

There are a few key stretches to do which will ensure that everything is "flexed". they are a combination of Tai Chi movements and basic stretches and they take less than 2 minutes to do.

I'll try to do a sketch of them for you and attach it as an image......don't know if I can do all in the same pix, would be too big, but I could do one at a time.

cheers

Weezy

HI Weezy,

that would be wonderful. Thank you:)
So far I did the stretching afterwards and not much of it either:eek:

Exercise
Same as yesterday:D:D
I did my push-ups and reverse crunches, my squats, leg raises and lunges - no time for the sit-ups any more and no stretching either.

Breakfast: Coffee (milk&sugar), Shake with Protein Powder (soy protein that is) and 1% milk (I had noticed that I was using too much milk in my shake, so I cut back a little...)

Snack: still have some of those chocolate raisins:(
Lunch: Salad with rachndressing, slice of bread with margarine, meat & cheese
Snack: more chocolate raisins...i guess I'll just have to get rid of them:(
Dinner: Wrap with Turkey Bacon and Cheese
Dessert: fruit and yoghurt

Beverages: Coffee, regular and decaff and water and tea

Last edited:
Breakfast: Shake
Snack: I finally got rid of the rest of those raisins (pheew)
Lunch: Salad with bread
Snack: Zone Bar
Dinner: Pea Soup

Beverages: coffee (reg. & decaff(milk&sugar)), tea, water

Exercise: 20 then 10 push-ups, 35 reverse crunches, lunges 5 each side (I was told to do less and hold them longer - better stretch, less chance of injury), then I ran out of time, maybe more tonight.

Natalie...
what am I seeing here about chocolate raisins all week??? Did you change it to be your only snack-food? I'm sorry to say, but that doesn't really fit into the plan...listen to AllCdnBoy - one day a week, not every day of the week...

Congratulations on all the rest, diet and exercise - I'm impressed -- keep it up!!!

btw...can you send a little energy my way?

HI Lisa,

I know, I know...those things are so so bad. I won't buy them again for at least a few month. They are deadly. However they've lost their spot as primary snack-food. I don't have anymore:D .

Here's the update for the weekend

Saturday:
Breakfast: Cereal with Fruit (apple & grape)
no snack - late breakfast:)
Lunch: Pea Soup
Snack: cake (nieces birthday cake)
Dinner: Fruit & Yoghurt and Turkey Bacon

Beverages: Coffee, Water, Tea (all in all not enough:()
Exercise: Outside Yard work

Sunday:
Breakfast: Scrambeled Eggs with Turkey Bacon
Lunch: Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Dessert and Snack: Cake
Dinner: Yoghurt with Jam & Almond Slivers

Beverages: Coffee, Tea, half a glass red wine, Water
Exercise: We are renovating a room - not exactly exercise, but a workout nonetheless

Monday

Breakfast: Shake & Coffee
Lunch: Salad with Ranch Dressing & Salmon
Snack: Sesame Snap
Dinner: Wrap with Meat & Cheese

Beverages: coffee, tea, water

Exercise: 20 the 10 push-ups, 20 + 20 squats, 40 revers crunches

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Slim Fast Shake Vanilla, with Protein Powder and 1% milk
Coffee (milk & sugar)
Lunch: Salad with Salmon and Ranch Dressing and a sandwich with margerine
Snack: meat, cheese, apple
Dinner: don't know yet

Beverages: coffee, water, tea

Exercise: 20+10 push-up, 20 situp, 40 reverse crunches, 40 squats, stretches.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Vanilla Shake with Protein Powder, Coffee
Snack: 2 cookies
Lunch: Salad with Salmon

Beverages: coffee (milk&sugar), water

Exercise: 30 sit-ups, 20+10push-ups, 40 squats, 40 revers crunches

sheesh...no time...

well I at least want to update my diary...hopefully I'll get around to read, comment and motivate everyone else before the weekend...

Breakfast: Shake and coffee
Lunch: Sandwich
Snack: 2 Crackers
Dinner: don't know yet

Beverages: coffee (milk&sugar), water, tea

Exercise: 30 sit-ups, 20+10push-ups, 40 squats, 40 revers crunches

thanks for the "thumbs-up"...I'm trying, but this morning it didn't work. Maye - hopefully tonight.

Todays plan:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Snack: small portion of fruit and yoghurt
Lunch: I'll have a Shake
Snack: crackers with meat and cheese
Dinner wrap with smoked turkey breast and cheese

Beverages: coffee (reg. & decaff), tea

Exercises: none.

Last edited:
Weekend:

Eating was ok...cookies and After Eights, but not too much...

Exercises: Yard Work

Monday:
Breakfast: Shake and Coffee
Lunch: Turkey Bacon and Yoghurt with Strawberries and Apples, slivered Almonds and Honey Nut Cheerios
Snack: Cracker with meat
Dinner: Don't know yet

Beverages: Coffee (reg. & decaff), water, tea

Exercises: 20+10 push ups, 30 sit-ups (20 middle, 10 left, 10 right), 40 leg raises, 40 squates, few stretches on the floor.

Sounds really good......

Originally posted by Natalie
Weekend:

Eating was ok...cookies and After Eights, but not too much...

Exercises: Yard Work

Monday:
Breakfast: Shake and Coffee
Lunch: Turkey Bacon and Yoghurt with Strawberries and Apples, slivered Almonds and Honey Nut Cheerios
Snack: Cracker with meat
Dinner: Don't know yet

Beverages: Coffee (reg. & decaff), water, tea

Exercises: 20+10 push ups, 30 sit-ups (20 middle, 10 left, 10 right), 40 leg raises, 40 squates, few stretches on the floor.

You're getting better and better .......Can't stop you Natalie!

Weezy

ziiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggg

the next week went by just like that...can't even remember everything I did...I think i did my exercises 3 or 4 times, but if I don't do them in the morning, then it doesn't work. Maybe that will change, now that it is lighter longer. We just switched to daylight savings time. The weekend was great...lots of sunshine...my workout was renovating (sanding) and yardwork. Diet was allright...nothing too exciting.

Now for my mealplan this week, starting today...

Breakfast: Yummy shake (strawberries, SlimFast Vanilla, Protein Powder, 1% milk and icecubes.
Coffee half-caff(milk&sugar)
Water
Lunch: Fruit(strawberry & banana) & Yoghurt, Turkey Bacon
Snack: meat, cheese, apple
Dinner: not sure yet

Beverages: coffee halfcaff (milk&sugar), water

Exercise: nothing yet

Hey Natalie:

Howzitt going? I've been off the board for the past little while. Ran into some stupid problem where it wouldn't accept me and had to get password, etc etc. anyhow, haven't see anything from you recently so thought I'd see how you are.

It's spring here (finally) and I have been out almost every day planting things and grubbing around in the soil.

I started a new excercise routine to increase the abs workout.

Am now doing 100 crunches, and have added a wierd plastic thing with a big spring which I squeeze while doing the ab flattening thing on my back. Squeezing the spring thingy really increases the pressure on squeezing it all in.

I have added in a new upper arm exercise using the strongest theraband.

I feel very, very stiff ..... however, my belt needs a new notch, so I must be doing something right ;-))

Weezy

HI Natalie,

i just went through your diary again and noticed, that I am copying your eating plan...I wasn't even aware of it, but Shakes in the morning, Yoghurt for lunch and Snacks in between really works for me. I hope it is working for you too. And you not posting anymore has nothing to do with not keeping up your good work. We'd love to have you back:):)

Back