My Workout, Your opinion?

Hey guys,

I just recently started working out again and I would like to hear your opinions on my consumption and workout. I weigh 87kg and I'm 197cm tall. I'm 30 years old.

My goal:
- I want to lose belly fat
- I want to lose 5kg
- I want to gain tighter mussels

My food and drink (I quit drinking a week ago, so I'm hoping that will have some effect):
- I mostly drink water, and occasionally a coke or a glass of milk
- I eat Thai food on a daily base. This involves either rice (fried or boiled) or noodles, chicken/pork/seafood, mostly green vegetables, red pepers, quite a lot of herbs and oils.
- I eat some fruit (mostly apples, watermelon, dragon fruit and pineapple), but not on a daily base
- I eat yogurt (with sugar, sorry) on a daily base
- I eat bread and cheese on a daily base
- Maybe 1 snack (e.g. chips) on a daily base

My workout (I workout 4 times a week, and I always do the same routines because of limitations in my very small gym. I also only have dumbbells I can use, no barbels :( ):
- Routine 1 (Chess and Lower Back): 12 Straight Chess Presses, 12 One Armed Back Rows (each arm), rest 1 min (repeat 3 times)
- Routine 2 (Biceps and Triceps): 12 One Armed Biceps Curl (each arm), 12 One Armed Triceps Extension, rest 1 min (repeat 2 times)
- Routine 3 (Shoulders and Legs): 12 Shoulder Press, 12 Squats, rest 1min (repeat 2 times)
- Routine 4 (Cardio): 10 Alternating between: Push-up and Standing Shoulder Press with light weights, 30 Mountain Climbers, 20 Jack Jumps, rest 1 min (repeat 2 times)
- Routine 5 (Core Mussels): 20 Straight Sit-ups, 20 Side Sit-ups (repeat 2 times)

I am trying to not do too much really small detailed mussel exercises. I want to cover as much mussel surface as possible because if I understand correctly that should tighter my mussels quicker because the mussels consume fat (correct me if I am wrong of course).

I would really like to hear your opinion on everything :)

Thanks a lot guys (and of course girls :p)

Good lord, you eat a diet containing yoghurt with sugar in it, how dare you. Yes, of course I'm kidding, the sugar in that will not be as high as in a lot of Thai sauces, the sugar and oils you know about are rarely the issue, it's those you don't consider that generally are.
Diet is balance, majority should be staple foods with high volumes complex carbs, rice bread, pasta, noodles, etc. then fruit and veg, you'll know what they are, they, meat, fish, soy, whole dairy etc. and the section that should be the cherry on the top is oils, butter, sauces, sweets, treat etc. For many this is practically upside down but with no fruit and veg, scary, but true.
In short look at proportion more than content at first, that will likely be the biggest issue.

There is a world of stuff you can do with drum bells, in fact you can do most hints you can with bars, obviously not all.
How long have you been doing the same routine, if less than a couple of months keep with it until you have reached that time. If not or when you do try one of the routine Goldfish has put here http://training.fitness.com/weight-...inefficient-split-maybe-read-first-34522.html they are good generic workouts and well balanced routines.

Back