Active member, Cyclist
Happiness is key to life.

Freedom is the key to happiness

Being yourself is the key to freedom

Knowing yourself is the key to being yourself

Reflection is the key to knowing yourself

Making mistakes is the key to reflection

Giving something a go is the key to making mistakes

So is giving something a go the real key to happiness?

All too often people’s mental health spirals because they are stuck in their own world.

I was once the victim of domestic violence with my wife emotionally controlling me and bringing me down (not deliberately; she had her own demons that were Controlling her). This made me lose touch with friends and myself. It made me spiral for years but I’m back now. I’m back living the way I want all because of exercise. All because I got out and gave it a go.

To everyone just starting out: yes it’s tough. It’s easy to start exercise or dieting. It’s hard to keep going; it’s BLOODY hard sometimes in fact but it’s very much worth it. It’s an amazing feeling when you’re out the other end of the tunnel.

I heard a great quote the other day “when your going through keep going.” Winston Churchill.

Don’t let the bad times win. Don’t let your demons win. Fight them. Your demons only exist because at some point you let them. If you simply don’t let them live any more they can’t hurt you. You ARE stronger than your demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back