My routine

Hello,

I have been running for about two years now and have noticed a trend in that time.
I run about 4km a day at any given time of the day. Sometimes I absolutely hate drinking water and I get really moody and uptight before I even notice that I haven’t drunk any water.

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee every morning and hate the Idea of drinking water during the morning so I usually run after a coffee. I feel like going after a cup or two. I have noticed that it makes it harder to run but at least it gets me motivated to do so.
I usually drink heaps of water after the run and feel fine but sometimes I feel too full to drink water and then I slowly over the next day become severely irritable and grumpy and get depressed sort of.

I do 4 sets of 25 push ups every second day and am starting to do situps.

This routine usually lasts 1-2 months before I feel like I need a break and I usually don’t do anything for 3 weeks or so then I eventually get fed up with sitting around. I get really funny about running after a break Kind of like anxiety or something.

Anyway, I am about 5'11 and I have had a bit of a pot belly all my life no matter how many sit-ups I do and I have broad shoulders/strong upper body.

IS there any advice anyone can give me about what type of exercise I should be doing and how far I should be running each day and recommended break periods?

I'm guessing the water thing is fairly important but I just hate drinking it for some reason. When I drink large amounts of water I look a bit weird in the eyes and seem to go slightly pale and pee all the time.

Back