Weight-Loss My March Diet/Exercise Challenge

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miko134

As I am going on holiday this summer to a hot climate (for the first time in ages) I have decided to try and lose some weight, and work on getting a flatter stomach, and also toning my thighs.

Therefore, after researching and speaking with a dietitian, I have designed a diet challenge which is very simple as this is the first month. Decided to share it with you now in case you would like to try it for yourself, and also because I feel motivation comes from sharing your process and progress!

Exercise

For the first 10 days, every day I will do 10 minutes of moderate Cardio Exercise in the morning, and at night. Including Squats, planking, lunges. I will do a minimum of 30 minutes brisk walking (conveniently the time it takes me to get to and from work)

From the 10th to the 20th

I will do 15 minutes of Cardio exercises in the morning and night, and include press ups, push ups and weight lifting. My 30 minute brisk walk will become 40 minutes, and I will attempt to jog for ten minutes at least.

From 20th until 30th

I will do 20 minutes of Cardio exercises in the morning and night, including as many varied exercises as I can fit into the time. I will go jogging provided the weather is good, and be jogging or brisk walking for at least 50 minutes per day, but aim for 1 hour.

31st March

I will rest, still try to eat healthy, and exercise a little, but mainly rest.

Eating

I will eat three times per day and every meal will be healthy. Eating slower really helps here, as I have discovered you can almost half the amount you eat and eat twice as slow, and feel just as full.

No sweets, sugary drinks, crisps, or anything high in sugar or saturated fats. For snacks I will have fruit or cereal bars, one per day only, and twice in the month I am allowed a bar of dark chocolate. A good tip here, is that you can half your snack, eat half at one time of day, and the other later on.

This is optional, but I am not eating meat or dairy. I have bought almond milk, and taught myself to like black coffee. My dietitian says there is nothing wrong with a small bit of cheese however, but by personal choice is to avoid all dairy for this month.

I do not eat meat anyway, but am switching out my other protein sources for tuna or salmon. My dietitian informs that you can just opt for lean meat, and that chicken is actually a good source in a diet so long as it is proper chicken, not processed.

For bread, I will have wheat bread, or very thin slices. I will attempt to only eat bread 2-3 times per week, and it will only be the one slice, folded to make a sandwich. It is better to add more healthy fillings than add another slice of bread.

Basically, my meals will all be low cal, low in saturated fats, no dairy, and low in sugar. High in fiber, water content, and will mostly consist of fruit and vegetables.

This is just my plan for March, my diet will become far stricter as the holiday approaches. If you wish to follow this diet, or even just parts of it, please let me know how it works out for you! Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back