My Journey to 200LBS

Atotheb83

On March 7th 2021 when I had to go to urgent care for extreme lower back and leg pain I learned that I weighed 316LBS. I had no idea that I weighed that much but it made sense based on my lifestyle and how much and what I was eating.
At that moment I knew I had to make some SERIOUS changes. I was ashamed and embarrassed and felt worthless. But I told myself that I can change and take control. I put myself on a highly restricted calorie diet and have lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks. My current weight as of 3/28/21 is 286 and my goal weight is 200LBS. With my current back/leg pain I am not really able to exercise per say, but I work in a warehouse and am on feet walking and moving inventory all day so I’m definitely burning calories.
Today is the first day of my 4th week , and I’m feeling really good mentally, I don’t feel hungry and what and when I’m eating seems to be working well.
I will continue to check in here and report my success and any failures. Just looking for some friends going through the same thing.
Thanks for your time

Welcome to the forum :) Well done on switching your life around. I’m glad you have come here as I think you will get lots of support. Is there something else we can call you other than your username? It can be a made up name you like :)

Welcome to the forum :) Well done on switching your life around. I’m glad you have come here as I think you will get lots of support. Is there something else we can call you other than your username? It can be a made up name you like :)
Thanks for the welcome! You can call me AB that’s what all my friends call me

You´ve definitely come to the right place for that. And since weight control isn´t done once you´re done losing it´s a life-long process.

You´ve definitely come to the right place for that. And since weight control isn´t done once you´re done losing it´s a life-long process.[/QUOTE
That is where I need to come to terms with tracking all my food even after I hit my goal weight. It’s so easy to over eat when you’re not paying attention to calories and serving sizes. Figuring out your maintenance calorie allowance for the day and making sure you are staying within those bounds is something that I will always need to be mindful of.

I´ve been in (mostly) maintenance for two years now and most of the time I don´t track but I do weigh myself so I can get stricter again before things get out of hand. Right now I´m tracking again for a week to make sure I eat enough without needing unhealthy food to get there and then going overboard :D

Continuing to weigh myself weekly at the very least will be crucial once I reach my goal. I hadn’t weighed myself in forever and when I stepped on that scale at the doctors and saw where I was ... I was mortified. Frequently checking in will help me stay on track and know if I’m eating/exercising the right amount. Noticing you gained a pound or 2 in a week, will much easier to deal with then checking months later and realizing you’ve gained 20 pounds.

Absolutely. 2 pounds can just be water weight but if the same 2 pounds are there every week or even go up to 3...

Back