My gastric bypass

I had the gastric bypass in december 2003..I weighed 317..I didnt have one problem ,everything went perfect..

Today I find myself still doing well,I dont regret it one bit of it.

I now weigh 212..

I was down to 191..

My only struggle is trying to find the lifestyle that will work.

I do walk 3 times a week 3 miles each time.

Ive tried the low carb lifestyle..I just didnt like it..

The past month I have totally given up red meats and Im trying to go low fat life style..Im using allot of kashi products and eating loads of salad..

I just need to find a good eating lifestyle and ill be ok..

Just wanted to pass on my experience..

any questions about the surgery feel free to ask..

Ill also take advice from any other long termers who are doing well and what eating lifestyles they have.

Thanks

Allan

Hello...congrats on your weight loss. My friend had that done. I dunno how much she weighs now but she was over 300 lbs. She now looks like a concentration camp survivor. She doesnt look good to me. She smokes and doesn't exercise at all....and she is a physical therapist...lol...kind of ironic.
I am happy for her that she is thin now geez, she looks awful. People have told her that too....I dunno what it would take for her to look a little healthier...quit smoking maybe;-)

My friend is actually about to get this surgery in two weeks. I am happy for her and hope that this works out but, at the same time I am kind of scared. Glad to hear you don't regret it and that it has helped you lose a lot of extra weight.

-Sam

Back