Morton's Neuroma

Can anyone answer a question about Morton's Neuroma?

Once you have it do you have to manage it or can it resolve (without surgery)? I can rest my feet and take anti-inflamatories and all, but will that just manage the condition or will it eventually go away?

I really don't even wnat to think about having any sort of surgery on my foot.

I have really good running shoes and it does not bother me when I run, but when I put on any kind of dress shoe it takes about 5 minutes before I can barely walk. I have inserts for all of my shoes, but I fear I may never be able to wear a heel comfortably again.

TIA

I have not been to a doctor as I generally live in denial about physical ailments and will wait months ans months until whatever the pain is goes away (hey, it's worked so far).

It started 8-12 months ago with occassional flare ups.

That is when I got shoe inserts. I figured that it was just my heels since it only ever bothered me when I wore heels all day. I changed my heels so they are all 2" or less and got arch inserts for all of my shoes which helped a lot. I would have a flare up if I wore especially high heal shoes shoes (2 1/2" +).

However, recently if I wear footwear without an arch support- like if I wear slippers all morning or go barefoot - it will start to bother me A LOT within a few hours. Whenever it starts to hurt I will now will immediately put on my good sneakers even if it means walking around in my PJ's with sneakers on at 11:00pm. I do have very high arches so even with my good running shoes I use additional inserts.

With the recent flare ups I was able to research what it is, I knew it wasn't plantar fasciitis and just figured it was a bruise until I read about Morton's Neuroma and saw exactly where it is located and the symptoms (searing pain in the ball of the foot between the 3rd and 4th toe, with toe numbness, and toe cramping (only when it gets really bad)). It is definately Morton's Neuroma.

Now I just want it to go away.

Back