Morning Workouts

When I started doing this thread I was talking about weight lifting, but I'd probably benefit more from my current schedule. Besides when I start school they have a gym in the basement, so I'll probably just do weightlifting right after classes. I might start doing cardio in the morning when I start school, but with my job I'm too used to this late schedule, so there's no chance of that now.

I love running in the morning, it charges me for the rest of the day. But running at night also has it magic. I think it depends on your schedule.

Keep it going.

I've been working out regularly in the mornings(wake at 4:45, at the gym by 5:05) for a month now after years of doing it in the afternoons/early evenings... several things I've noticed:

Benefits
- I eat better throughout the day, since I don't want to ruin the good workout day with bad food
- I am more awake and vigorous at work
- I do not skip workouts, it's become the priority of my day since it's the first thing I do
- I feel generally healthier, and happier throughout the day
- A LOT less crowded, I rarely have to wait for squat racks/bench press stations as I did in the afternoons

Drawbacks
- I probably am not working out QUITE as hard as I did in the afternoons (not enough to notice though)
- The first 5 minutes of the morning is tough to get around (but it always was anyways)

My Conclusions
I'll never go back to working out in the afternoons, for my personal taste it fits perfectly to workout in the mornings. I never would have thought so a couple months ago, but the day just seems better generally. It allows me to put working out first, and no matter how late I have to stay at work, how tired I am, or what emergencies come up I've already worked out so it won't ever be skipped.

Last edited:
I personally hate morning cardio workouts b/c my legs aren't loose yet. Most people prefer to workout in the morning b/c it gets your metabolism going for the day.

On week days, I wake up at 5 am, eat, and hit the gym at 6 am. This works really well for me, because it energizes me for the day and I don't skip work-outs. In the weekend I go a bit later, around 8-9 am, which is also when I do my most intense weight sessions. I am not as strong at 6am. For cardio, the timing really doesn't matter.

I like the benefits of working out in the mornings, but i think I like sleeping in a little bit more lol

But I have to admit it happens all too often that I have work or something and the day just flies by and before I know it I haven't been to the gym.

Back