Mood Swings!

:( Help, im 14 so that could be a cause, but i am having ENORMOUS mood swings. I mean i was just doing my abs and my dad asked me to help him and i was screaming and arguing and being rude to him, im not normally like that.

The smallest things anoy me, and i seem to get depressed easily, but soon after im happy or angry again.

I do eat a fair bit now (7 meals) but i just dont get what it could be. I need some help because i dont want to cause any more stress on myself and others and make things bad :mad:

Thankyou.

Hormones going crazy could be one cause. Maybe.

Just try and control it. Make yourself aware. I had those too and I was friggin crazy. Still have em from time to time.

yeah, that would be polite :) dont worry.. you are going through "that" phase lol ;) but we all have those days.. well, women have those monthly *cough*

at your age i'd say its horomones. the best thing you can do when you feel the uglies coming on is to take a deep breath and try to think before you say anything. and when you do explode, go apologize, tell who ever it is that your sorry and right now your all over the place, don't promise not to do it again, this is just something you have ot learn to master. think of it as preparing you for the work world where you must have control over the things you say and do or you get fired. it will work out don't worry, its part of growing up, and *cough* some of us have been there and remember vividly. hang in there tim.

I don't think you can keep your promise of not doing it again, if that's what you say to them.

Just tell them you've identified the problem and that you're working to fix it.

Tim, It seems to me that you are taking your abs too seriously. Great article you wrote on ab training though but you need to get out and play with others your age and have fun.

tim, i was having problems like that lately. i wanted to take a swing at anyone who looked at me 'the wrong way.' I'd use any excuse to create a physical confrontation. it's all stressed related. PLUS i started working out more. now, im too de-stressed and endorphined out to kick ass and chew bubble gum. whenever you're feelin that rage, immediately just try to wear yourself out, like doin' push ups til you pass out.

Tim_14 said:
:( Help, im 14 so that could be a cause, but i am having ENORMOUS mood swings. I mean i was just doing my abs and my dad asked me to help him and i was screaming and arguing and being rude to him, im not normally like that.

The smallest things anoy me, and i seem to get depressed easily, but soon after im happy or angry again.

I do eat a fair bit now (7 meals) but i just dont get what it could be. I need some help because i dont want to cause any more stress on myself and others and make things bad :mad:

Thankyou.

Welcome to being a teenager :) that you recognize it yourself and want to apologize I think is a very positive sign of good character.

my god am I glad that's over (i'm 23) :p

Tim_14 said:

Thankyou.

When I was your age, I was the same way. It's your hormones. Try to take a break from everything when your get overwhelmed. Also, try telling your parents abot how you're feeling... their understanding could be the key.

maf said:
yeah, that would be polite :) dont worry.. you are going through "that" phase lol ;) but we all have those days.. well, women have those monthly *cough*

Hmmmm ... what could that mean ?? :eek:

Im just wondering like on t.v all the american kids are always having hissy fits and a couple of american guys I know are always bitching and moaning! your not all like that are you? Here in New Zealand if a teenager has a hissy fit everyones just like "geez looks like so and so could so with a cold one" no drama.

Yeah mate well if your over in New Zealand pop in for a cold one.

Back