Mini Challenges Sign-Up Thread!

Beagle1

These challenges can be done in addition to the main 2-week challenges - you can sign up for both the main or the mini challenge or only one or the other! The Mini Challenges will run for one week at a time, and you can sign up for as many as you'd like to! So far the challenges we have are:

- Most water intake [in ounces]
- Most exercise output [in calories]
- Least junk food eaten [in calories]

Suggestions for additonal challenges are also welcome!

Post in this thread with which challenges you are going to sign up for, and on Monday, November 14, I'll open up individual threads for each challenge for everyone to report their progress,and after one week, we'll tally it all up and declare the winners!

Just a suggestion, because these are for YOUR benefit, you should sign up for a challenge that you actually need work in!

I'm signing up for the junk food challenge this week since I am most terrible at eating bad foods, especially if I can justify it by saying it won't take me over my calorie limit. But there are good calories and bad calories, and I need to improve!

All but exercise, I have to follow a plan done out by my coach so I really can't do too much, since I just got cleared to run after a month of crutches!!

But I definitely need help with the water and junk food.

*BUMP*

Just a reminder, I'm starting these tomorrow, and so far we only have THREE takers, including myself!

List so far:
Water: runforfun529
Exercise: Pinky
Junk food: beagle, runforfun529.

I know we can do better!

yeah come on you guys.. theres no point in me uping my amount of exercise this week if no one is gonna join in.. Its monday here today.. so technically im meant to start today! lol How boring! I got no one to compete against excpet myself. :)

Tell you what Pinky, I'll go up against you for exercise this week, and hopefully more people will join in next week :) Rather than making new threads, we'll just use this one for now.

So just report back here how much exercise you did, in terms of calories if you can find it. .

I'll join for water and exercise!

are we just keeping track of the intentional exercise we do? or should we count all daily activities? (it would be MUCH easier to just do the intentional stuff)

I also have a suggestion as far as reporting our information... If each person will make one post and then click on the "edit" button, we can create a running total for each person that will be much easier to read and pay attention to - and we can also see easier how much more effort we have to put in to beat someone else! I'll start and be the "example" of how it might look...

Last edited:
Monday:
h2o: 64 oz
exercise: 445 total - 15 min bike to/from school (100); 13.5 min walking (55); 20 min running (190); 30 min weight lifting (100)

Tuesday:
h2o: 24 oz
exercise:100 total - 15 min bike to/from school (100)

Wednesday:
h2o: 72 oz
exercise: total 605 cals - 20 min bike to/from school (130), 13 min walk (50), 32 min run (300), 40 min weight lifting (125)

Thursday:
h2o: 32 oz
exercise: 125 cals - 40 min walk to/from school (125)

Friday:
h2o: 40 oz
exercise: 125 cals - 40 min walk to/from school (125)

Saturday:
h2o: 32 oz
exercise: 0 cals

Sunday:
h2o: 56 oz
exercise: 0 cals

Total H2O: 320oz
Total Exercise: 1400 calories

Last edited:
I like amonono's idea for the tracking, lets do that. As far as what exercise your counting, then daily activities do count, but you are at least somewhat competing with other people who are exercising!

Monday:
J: A few chocolate-covered granola bars (500)
E: walking around campus and taking the long way to avoid going outside (200)
Tuesday:
J: We had a team dinner at work... chinese food! >< (600)
E: Walking around campus again (200), biking for a full hour (600)
Wednesday: Happy birthday to me!
J: Ice cream cake for my birthday dessert >< (400)
E: biking for a full hour again! (600)
Thursday:
J: So far so good! None!
E: none so far... to be edited later!
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Total calories of junkfood eaten:
Total calories burned exercising:

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to join in with the exercise group. I'm new and not sure how all this works.
I feel so alone and would love to be part of a group.

Monday:
20 min walk to the bus stop. (Does walking through a few shops count?)
30 mins walk home from the city.

Tuesday:
30 min walk to uni.
30 min walk from uni back home.

Wednesday:
None at all.. spent most day in bed trying to get better.

Thursday:
20 min walk back from the city.
20 min walk into the city.. Watched Harry Potter 4! soooo cooool!

Friday:
20 min walk into city to find a birthday present for a 21 year old guy. lol
20 min walk back from the city with birthday present for 21 year old guy. hehe

Saturday:
none.. spent all day in bed ill again. *sigh*

Last edited:
*bumpin' it on up*

Back