Mimicking Medifast?

Dorko

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here and I'm looking for help.

I'm planning to start medifast but not until the middle of next month due to a slight financial restraint (college student) and I want to start changing my eating habits and mimic the medifast way so I could avoid shocking my system. Usually I just dive into weight loss and I found that I have a hard time since I'm so used to eating a certain way. For now, I want to start changing my eating habits to mimic the medifast way gradually--with shakes etc--but I have no clue where to start or what to buy. I'm hoping that Medifast dieters who augment and customize their own diets could help me with this. Thanks for reading!

It would be best to compare the nutrition in the medifast shakes with other protein shakes programs. The only difficulty is that medifast has a lot of different things in it (most of them I don't know what they are) and I think they have some form of appetite supressent.

If you don't want to shock your system, maybe start out with your basic healthy protein shake---you could use low-fat milk or soy milk, your choice of protein powder, ie soy, whey, or egg and milk (yes, they have that) and add any fruits you may want to jazz up the flavors. I would look for protein powders that have a good amount of vitamins.

the medifast 5 and 1 plan is 5 shakes throughout the day, then a healthy dinner of a good amount of lean protein and tons of veggies---just avoid sugary dressings, cheese, and crutons.

medifast

have you started the program yet, if so how is it going for you. What do you like and dislike about the program? please tell me about it.

Medifast Mimic

I'm a former MF member. It's hard to mimic MF. I took a low-carb (less than 3 grams) protein (less than 100 calories) supplement and added strawberries or low fat/low carb and yogurt to it. You do not want to eat more than 90 calories and 100 grams of carbs per shake.

Good Luck!

New Lifestyle diet is a cheaper alternative and works the same way. I lost over 30 pounds in 5 weeks with MF. Of course, as soon as you try to live life like you used to, it will come back, you have to be dedicated and learn how to control your portions. It is not a quick fix.

Why not dive straight in to eating healthily then?

As an approach - it certainly has a great track record for enabling a lot of people to lose a lot of weight very quickly. I lost all my weight that way.

It also has the benefit of teaching you the skills needed to eat a healthy diet and therefore maintain the weight loss.

Loads of people here would be only too happy to help you if you didnt know how to do that. It would cost no more than buying standard nourishing groceries.

If you're doing Medifast and "augmenting or adjusting" then you're NOT doing Medifast.

Medifast (which I don't recommend) is a controlled intake VLC (very low calorie) diet that relies on a very specific balance of nutrients in their shakes. It's highly unlikely that you can duplicate the shakes w/out spending a lot of money - at that point you might as well buy the Medifast shakes.

I'd recommend instead, learning about nutrition and managing calories ... in the long run it's a better, healthier way to lose weight. :)

Back