Michiganians unite!!

EasyLifter

Good Gawd! How are you all doing? Now we gotta worry about our future as well as our weight. I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I got teased yesterday when one of the gas stations set their price for regular at 3. 57. I haven't been out today, but, I'm hoping for more of that. I live North of Ann Arbor. It is horrible around here. This was an explosion of new construction in the 90's. Now you can't sell a house if you added your soul with it. How are you guys faring? Anybody lose their house to foreclosure like I did? More than one actually. My ex was a builder and he owned a heating and cooling company that specialized in new construction. You can imagine what happened. Yup, bankruptcy. The only thing going for him is his Italian Restaurant. He even farms produce now. Sad, sad times. Hope to hear from you soon. Ellen :waving:

Being from Ohio... I thought it was Michiganders?!?! :D

Just North of Ohio border here...between monroe and detroit.

I work with Automotive and its sad to see whats happening out there. Gratefully and thankfully my job seems secure as does the hubs....

I'm trying to jumpstart this weightloss journey....argh!

nice to meet you.

Troy, saying Hi

I live in Troy, and you couldn't get a job here if you put a gun to someone's head. Even in the food/service industry, times are rough (I am a bartender). Jeez, the day ya can't even get a job waiting tables at a friggin Coney Island... :banghead:

I live in Troy, and you couldn't get a job here if you put a gun to someone's head. Even in the food/service industry, times are rough (I am a bartender). Jeez, the day ya can't even get a job waiting tables at a friggin Coney Island... :banghead:

ya bret...dang....

Hey All, I live in West Bloomfield.....about 30 mins northwest of Detroit. I've only live in Mi for around six months, not even originally from this country.

Well, I'll be ... I've never heard of the term Michiganian until reading this thread. It's always been Michigander for me. I looked it up on the and I guess either one is fine.

Can I play?

I've been in Ann Arbor for 3 years, but I came for law school so I don't think I get genuine Michiganian street cred.

Well I used to live in the Muskegon area but last year I moved to the U.P.

The U.P. might as well be it's own country. Everyone I've met here are very.. strange...

lol! Hello to all you other Michiganians and Michiganders!

Back