meditation tips

i currently meditate when i can 30 mins a day, using the technique of focussing on my breath leaving and entering the nostrils - i want to take it a stage further and want to use meditation for insight(or vipasanna). i 've tried mind noting but am a little unsure if i'm doind it "correctly". has anybody got any tips on this - any help is appreciated.

here is a web page that can help you

all the best

i currently meditate when i can 30 mins a day, using the technique of focussing on my breath leaving and entering the nostrils - i want to take it a stage further and want to use meditation for insight(or vipasanna). i 've tried mind noting but am a little unsure if i'm doind it "correctly". has anybody got any tips on this - any help is appreciated.

Where did u learn it? Curious.

I've been practicising the breathing method over 10 years. I started when I was 18. Anyway, my one breath length is 16 seconds.

Do u sit on the floor with crossing the legs?
I do. Set the clock in the mind, keep breathing while you feel comfortable. What I learned the breathing process interact with the life force around the universe - spiritual. It's not just a oxygen with nitrongen gas.

if the breathing goes well, at some point the air becomes liquid. You will feel you gonna drink soft liquid through your nostril, it goes down to the abdominal and sitting in the middle, I learned there are three collectors where the life force can be accumulated.

Do you have a mentor that guides you?
You should have.

There should be no abdomianl muscle pain. Suppose you do alright each session, your body get relaxed, mind become clear, the breath length will be extended by your consicousness. Try to extend 2 sec when you feel comfortable your current breath length.

I would highly recommend this book:
Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris
Don't mind the title, it mostly about meditation not Nijitsu. Of course, you can only learn so much from a book.

Another often overlooked good source of learning meditation is Tai Chi, if you can find a good teacher.

I am too not sure about my meditation whether it is right or not but if we want to do know what exactly right ways to do meditation then we can check it out at lots of meditation based site over internet.

I know this post has been here for long time now but for the sake of throwing my two cents in, I like to share my thoughts. I'm also using mind noting way. What I do is just set my mind free and observe what is happening.Thats how I've been taught in 10 days meditation camp. Before doing such, I tried focussing on breathing process and it didn't work for me. Like mentor from audio cd says, my breathe in/breathe out process becomes delicate after sitting for awhile as my body doesnt need as much as oxgyen as in active mode. So I decided to give it up rather than keep on setting my mind on it like the mentor said. :)

Hi Dswithers,

Thanks for suggesting the book American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris. Do you have any other reference for meditation. I would like to learn a lot from different sources.

Thanks,

Hi Martin,

Please try meditationsolution.com. A music meditation is CD is available there. It can help you to meditate for a long time.

the tips for meditation includes seven points they are as follows. try them you will get good results:
Quite The Mind
Concentration
Place to Meditate
Aspiration
Perseverance and Patience
Use the Qualities of the Spiritual Heart
Cultivate Happiness
that's all have a nice day

A simple ten or fifteen minute breathing meditation can help you to overcome your stress and find some inner peace and balance.
Meditation can also help us to understand our own mind. We can learn how to transform our mind from negative to positive, from disturbed to peaceful, from unhappy to happy.
Keep reading book about proper techniques of meditations,and online views is also helpful.

Last edited:
The most important thing in starting meditation is to do it in a place and time of day without distractions and don't get too worried about reaching a "no mind" state quickly. Even after a decade of daily practice, it can still take me 15 minutes sometimes to begin to get "quiet."

Back