Sport Macronutrients, resources or advice for a beginnner

Sport Fitness
Hello, I need your help with my diet here. I got frustrated with this macro calculation: No matter how I slice it, it seems impossible to meet these expectations on whole foods. Sure, you can probably do this with astronaut food or a food source of pureed, processed nastiness and meal replacement shakes.. So, from his calculation...I would have to be 30% carbs 65% protein and 5% fat...That seems nigh impossible from eating whole foods, I'll give you an example of what I ate today a little later here.

My specs and goals:

25 year old male.

236 pounds 6' tall

My weight is mostly from fat, some muscle. My goal is to loose my weight, while either gaining or at the very least maintaining muscle mass and strength (I need to be strong for my job, I do a lot of lifting heavy equipment, I do work in heating and air conditioning).

What I ate today, this is my cardio/rest day:

Breakfast:

2 turkey sausage patties 120 calories
2 fried eggs 185 calories
1/2 avocado
power grains waffles 10g protein 210 calories
1/2 cup strawberries 24 calories
1 cup grapefruit juice 96 calories
Pure maple syrup 100 calories

breakfast total - 860

Lunch

Turkey salad with sesame dressing - 329
Yogart w/ berries, chia seed, wheat germ - 211
Dried apricots - 280
Almonds - 170
Raisins - 123

lunch total - 1113

Dinner

Protein smoothie- 637

Total goal for cardio days is 2300, minus my roughly 300 calorie burn doing a short cardio sesison, i ended up 170 over... And i still only got 180 grams of protein, trying to do a macro ratio of 30% carb 50% protein and 20% fat. Trying to get all that protein, is I think part of a reason I went over on overall calories, still got way more fat than I wanted. Then again, i just adjusted from that calculator that I linked to at the beginning of my post, so I am totally just guessing...but I found it hard to get a straightforward ratio from online. Anyways...what do you guys recommend with my given situation and goals. If I am close on how much protein I have, how do I get it without getting so much fat and going over on my calories... I'm so lost between learning how to lift, how to eat right, how to time my eating right with my work out.. Ugh

Back