Weight-Loss Low calorie protein bars?

Weight-Loss

Err2

Does anyone have any recommendations for low calorie protein bars? You can get ~30g of protein for ~150 calories in any number of protein drinks - about 5 calories per gram of protein - but most of the protein bars I see are over 10 calories per gram protein and I'm trying to shave every calorie I can...

The shakes taste ok when (very) cold, but I'm looking for something a bit more palatable at room temperature that I can stuff in the glove box or take with me in my pack on longer excursions. My go to right now is jerky (4-7 calories/ gram of protein), but I'd like to avoid the extra sodium and hopefully get some fiber to go with it...

So far the three that I'm leaning towards trying are:
$2.08 Julian Bakery Paleo Thin with 20g protein in 150 calories (7.5 calories/g protein) and a monstrous 24g fiber with 230mg sodium
$2.10 Built Bar Coconut Chocolate Crème with 17g protein in 130 calories (7.6 calories/g protein) but "only" 6g fiber with 45mg sodium
$1.79 Quest Chocolate Brownie with 20g protein in 180 calories (9 calories/g protein) and 17g fiber with 230mg sodium

Alternatively, does anyone have any good recipes for making your own?

Hello. I don't really trust protein bars, they have a lot of sugar (or honey). I have seen a lot of receipts on youtube, you can look too. When I have time, I will definitely try to make the same ones.

The average female needs to eat about 1,300 calories / day to maintain, and 1,000 calories / day to lose 0.5 kg in 1 week.
Whut? That wouldn´t even make sense within your own assumptions. You need a deficit of ~500kcal/day to lose a pound a week, so if 1300 was maintenance (which for 99.9% of people it isn´t) you´d need to go down to 800 kcal/day to lose a pound a week. Which is a starvation diet.

The recommended daily calories (which are set for maintenance) for women in most countries are 1800-2000. Yes, it´s a little less when you´re older, short, underweight, not very active, or when you have a low percentage of muscle mass, but then again most adults these days are overweight, which increases maintenance calories by a bit so the average is still the same.

I generally maintain at around 2400 kcal/day and I´m still a woman.

I think that new user is only here to spam and that is a dummy posting. It certainly is nonsense and not related to the thread.

OK, it's been a while since I posted here. Here's my new life hack. I look for a protein bar like these Link Removed that I will be sure they don't have extra sugar in them (or honey), and I try to make them at home. I have protein powder, I even use it for baking if I am in the mood. I can tell you the receipt if you are interested in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back