Lost Weight Now I want to be Toned. HELP!!!

I put on some extra weight over a time period of about a year and I wasn't feeling good about myself. I opted for a balanced low calorie diet and exercise to speed up my metabolism. I started at about 230 lbs. and after three months I am down to my goal weight of 180 lbs. I have been eating healthy, making sure to exercise and get all my vitamins but I still have a slight bulge in my stomache and a little more fat in my thighs, not to mention the slight curve of my love handles. I really want to be toned and I hear that cardio is the way to go. I don't have alot of time to run and don't own a treadmill but I want to turn some of my "buldges" into some muscle. Any suggestions? Please help.

yeah you'll need to do cardio to get rid of the last patches of pudge. As for getting toned you want to develop some muscle -> weight lifting
and of course as always a good protein rich diet

LiveFromNY said:
make physical activity part of your day. take the steps......spend sundays at the park not the movies. etc.
So true. I mean, you can maintain and lose weight just by walking daily - something most people forget. The increased sedentary lifestyle of the world populace is killing our daily calorie burn.

Back