Losing weight but not inches, suggestions ...

leschuler

I'm 5'10" 220 now but started at 234 on Jan. 1. My goal was to get down to 215 by April 19th. So i'm doing pretty good. I"ve watched my portions sizes, have eaten cleaner ( less fats) and increased my workouts in the gym. Mostly doing about 30 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weight training. Most of my weight is in my bell as with most men i guess. I can see a difference in that it's getting smaller as i lose weight, but my waist is staying the same. For anyone that knows, will my waist remain the same until i get rid of my belly fat or is there something i can do to lose inches in my waist that i'm not doing.

Thanks for any suggestions, help and info,
Lance

well i'm 5'6 and i'm 180 i'm just about to finish bulking my waist is 34 and when i lose weight maybe like 40 pounds my waist just goes down like 2 inches maybe 3 inches. What you need to do is lose more weight or maybe you have thick bones on your waist either way to know you need to lose more fat. Well if you got another question feel free to ask i'm a personal trainer been a personal trainer for over 4 years.

I got your problem mine was also same at 3 months before. I have also tried many things to lose the inches. The first thing you must consider that you should follow the proper diet plan because its very important.
2- You should have follow the proper workout routine and do only the lose belly exercises.
3- Maintain your daily routine and exercise properly.
4- Wear some waist trainer or waist training corset that will helps you to achieve your expected results faster with exercise.
5- Always try to do exercise while wearing the waist trainer it will 10x burn your fat around the belly.

Keep it up and be consistent. You will see the results coming. Toddles.

I got your problem mine was also same at 3 months before. I have also tried many things to lose the inches. The first thing you must consider that you should follow the proper diet plan because its very important.
2- You should have follow the proper workout routine and do only the lose belly exercises.
3- Maintain your daily routine and exercise properly.
4- Wear some waist trainer or waist training corset that will helps you to achieve your expected results faster with exercise.
5- Always try to do exercise while wearing the waist trainer it will 10x burn your fat around the belly.

Keep it up and be consistent. You will see the results coming. Toddles.
Spot reduction is not a thing no matter how many crunches you do. Waist trainers need to be worn pretty much 24/7 to produce an effect and even then it only lasts as long as you wear them consistently. Wearing a waist trainer during exercise makes you sweat more locally but won't make you burn more fat locally. In fact since your breathing will be restricted you'll likely have less intense session and worse results long-term.
Also: the post you responded to is more than 6 years old.

@Davino vagetteble Yes You will try and I'm sure you will get the results as long as you use the waist trainer properly it will definitely gives you your desired the results :)
@LaMaria Yes you are right. I'm just giving my opinion on that.

I'm sure you will get the results as long as you use the waist trainer properly it will definitely gives yo
Can you back up that claim? Explain the mechanism, or better yet peer-reviewed research on it?

Back