Losing weight and BS

Kiniski

I am Type 2 diabetic using Metformin and since I've started losing weight and exercising my Blood Sugar levels are all over the place, from 95 after the gym to 140 - 150 first thing in the morning (formerly 120 - 125). I spend half hour on the treadmill every other day, other days 2 1/2 hours in the gym, combined cardio and weights. I eat 2,000 calories/day with protein, carbs and fat within RDA. Since I started keeping track of RDA sodium intake concerns me. I didn't realize how much sodium there is in everything from soup to canned vegetables. I haven't used salt at home for years. Has anyone else had problems with erratic BS levels after starting to lose weight? Is getting healthy going to kill me?

After research on the internet it appears BS levels rising after exercise is common. This is caused by the stress of exercising, this stress causes adrenalin to rise prompting the kidneys and fat cells to release sugar. By keeping track of things I've learned my BS will rise significantly after my gym days doing cardio and resistance exercises and drop significantly on my non-gym days after doing treadmill and Pilates. I have an appointment with a diabetes lady to discuss things on the 10th. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

Back