Loose skin (I think?)

Anonymous12345

Hey! Recently, I lost around 55 lbs and I am pretty happy with how I look now.
I obviously read about loose skin before this attempt, and as I went on I was pretty pleased with how my skin was looking throughout my weight loss (I started at around 230 so I didn't even think it would be a problem)

Well, as I went on and most of the weight I was looking to drop I had got rid off, I started noticing how I REALLY didn't like the way my face looked. Basically, it seems like I have a ton of loose skin around my jaw and cheeks, and at first I thought it was just how my face is as I was so used to having it, but now that I noticed how incredibly much I can stretch it and how my thought of my face still being fat probably just has to do with that extra skin, I really don't know what to do.

It was a big shock when I started looking into it more, and I have no idea how I should go about it. I've been around my current weight for a few months now, and I'm wondering if my face will stay saggy forever or is there something I could do? Facial exercises and such I read about, but that seems very slow and annoying and I doubt it will help at all.

I don't know if I posted this in the right place, I hope I did.

if you are still around i'd be curious to know how it's going..?

I'm curious as well, but since this was their only post, I'm not sure they will answer.

4 months after i posted and i wish i had kept better track, but extra skin does seem to be shrinking... not as fast as i'd like, but i believe in a year things will look closer to normal. to recap, i also lost about ~55lbs (~220 --> ~165 lbs) over 5-6 months ... wrinkly skin now seems to be slightly tighter.

I really hate how my neck looks and I’m hoping over time it will tighten a bit . I’m keeping it well moisturised . However I prefer to have a slimmer body and a wrinkly neck I think .

Back