loose skin and stretchmarks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

khrystyne10

I am 19 and just had twin boys 4 months ago via c-section. Before I was pregnant I was 120, the day I gave birth I was 210, I am now down to 125 but my skin is really bad looking with stretchmarks and loose skin(as you can probably guess having twins and gaining 90lbs). I have read many places that a tummy tuck is the only solution to tightening the skin on my stomach and other places I have read that ab workouts and the right diets can help tighten the skin over time. I am so confused by this, if anyone has tried the exercise and diet option and has seen results I would love to know what you did, I really would like to tighten my tummy again since summer is right around the corner. Thanks!!

And with the regards to stretchmarks I dont know if anyone has heard this but I was told that tanning helps reduce the visibility. I am currently using cocoa butter lotion which for me is doin nothing. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks again!!

Congratulations on your boys!

About your stretchmarks. Tanning may work to minimise them a little but in the long run tanning is not a good solution. It causes a loss of elasticity in the skin because UV rays damage your skin. Tanning is what causes wrinkles! So for long term youthfulness, its best to protect yourself from the sun and not embrace it. (except for a little bit to get the vitamin D you need)

Don't go near a tanning bed. These things are dangerous. Their light is also ultraviolet light.

There really isn't much that will fix your stretchmarks but time will help. If you are not going in the water perhaps a bit of makeup will work but really the best solution is to try to accept them.

Having babies changes your body. Its hard, especially when you are so young, but it is the price have to women pay.

The stretchmarks will fade over time. When I had my son it took about a year before they started to really lighten up - then I got pregnant again! So, I am not sure of any long term effects but by the one year mark, I was ok with them. Your genetics will play a big part in how much they fade (ask your mom!) Tanning has actually made mine more noticeable (outside in the summer with my son - not intentional tanning) It's like the skin around them tans and they stay silver - not pretty!! You will need to give your body more time - you are still very young and your skin is pretty elastic. Eating healthy, staying hydrated and exercising will help and make you feel better about yourself. My skin (as the weight comes off) is going back to normal - though I don't think it will ever be the same, but I wouldn't change it for anything! I am a different person now and better for it! Good luck and let us know how things are going!

I just had a baby a month ago...did you loose the weight easy over time? or did you work really hard to loose it I'm trying to loose my last 17 lbs!

I had twin girls 4 years ago and never got around to losing the baby weight until last year. I've been down to 135 since last fall and had super loose skin. But over the last 8 months it HAS slowly gotten better. It takes a LOT longer for my skin to heal and tighten up than it took to lose weight. I'm hopeful that with more time and continuing to maintain my weight, it will get better and better.

However, I am certain that it will NEVER be the same as before I had children. Stretch marks will fade and shrink somewhat, but those marks are actually scars from tears in your skin. They will never go away completely.

I am 20 years old , and I had my daughter 7 months ago . My husband is deployed so I was detemined to loose the weight and improve my skin ( stretch marks , and the loose skin ) during the ten months he is gone . It was really hard for me to start eating right because my whole pregnancy I ate junk , craved junk . So I got a thermagenic that minimized my appetite and maximized my calories burned while working out . I got a jogging stroller and started jogging . The weight loss happened so fast . Breat feeding helped , then it just stopped helping after a while . I was 190, breatfeeding for two months i went down to 178 , and now i am down to 155 , and I was able to loose that weight within two months of using a thermogenic , proper diet and sometimes jogging haha. I also was using a mederma for my strech marks , and it was helping but I just felt like more could be done . So I did a search and I started looking at derma-rollers , and the whole concept is small neddles the disrupt the surface of your skin , so that it can start healing the stretch marks and improve the elasticity. I have rolled my stomach , twice and it isnt pleasant but I can alreasdy tell a huge difference and its been a week. I have three months before he gets home , and I want to loose this last thirty pounds.. hopefully . He will be happy either way :]

i am 23...for me in both my child cases...i lost weigt during pregnancy....likem y weight was 65 before pregnancy..during pregnancy it reduced to 55....at the time of birth also it was 56....after that i started to gain weight...which i really dont want to.....now i weigh 71..what can i do?

I agree, stay away from the tanner. And yes the stretchmarks will fade in time, but I remember when I was in my 20's I wanted to look great; no harm there. From everything I've read you are correct, the only 'big' solution is a tummy tuck, but there's no guarantees that will solve your stretchmarks problems. If you really want it that bad and can afford it, go for it.

Helpful information. Thank you for the discussion. Now I have started my Weight Management Programme and I have found some changes on my skin also. that's why I am also looking for it.

Hi!! I agree stretch mark will fade away in time. You need to focus on how to reduced weight after giving birth.Eating balance diet, proper and basic exercise and breastfeed will help to achieve your weight goal.

I am 19 and just had twin boys 4 months ago via c-section. Before I was pregnant I was 120, the day I gave birth I was 210, I am now down to 125 but my skin is really bad looking with stretchmarks and loose skin(as you can probably guess having twins and gaining 90lbs). I have read many places that a tummy tuck is the only solution to tightening the skin on my stomach and other places I have read that ab workouts and the right diets can help tighten the skin over time. I am so confused by this, if anyone has tried the exercise and diet option and has seen results I would love to know what you did, I really would like to tighten my tummy again since summer is right around the corner. Thanks!!

And with the regards to stretchmarks I dont know if anyone has heard this but I was told that tanning helps reduce the visibility. I am currently using cocoa butter lotion which for me is doin nothing. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks again!!

My DD is now 3 years old and my stretchmarks are still visible. It lightened a little bit though. As with lose skins, mine had improvements (with exercise and balanced diet) but it weren't as firm as before.

To avoid stretchmarks some say you should avoid from scratching your tummy during pregnancy and put some oil on it.

I had my little guy almost 9 months ago. I signed up for beachbody (not as a coach) and did T25...lost 10 pounds! (Which is A LOT for my body) I then created a challenge group that I am in now, and my body has changed dramatically. My stomach is much smaller, my skin is tightening up and my stretch marks are still there, but I'm much more confident in them. They are my "battle wounds" and I will not be ashamed of them! Neither should anyone else! If you want to join another challenge group with me, just let me know because the next one I'm joining is on July 7th!

Hi, congratulations on your twins :D

I really struggled with my stretch marks after my son was born. I was 18 and so disappointed that I'd lost my "young" body. The stretch marks did fade slightly over time but are still visible, they were quite bad to begin with. The loose skin never returned to normal though. I've not worn a bikini since (he's now 9!!). I think in these circumstances, the damage is done, though a healthy diet and moderate exercise can help a small amount - it certainly won't hurt.

However, stretch marks and loose skin are only a small, practically insignificant, part of who you are as a person. They will not stop you being a good mother, a good friend, a good wife/girlfriend. It isn't easy getting used to your new body, but you will eventually.

Stretch marks fade over time. There are many homemade remedies that you can try to get rid of them. And as for the sagging skin, tummy tuck is one way to get rid of them but then as someone else pointed out here there is no guarantee on the result. Just think of them as something you had to sacrifice for the two bundles of joy you got.

Stretch marks definitely fade over time! I gained 70lbs with my first and by time I was pregnant with my second (10 months PP) they had really faded! Mine were/are very dark and deep, they haven't faded as much this time but I have hope!

Congratulations on your boys too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back