Long Weight loss journey from 168 to 123!

Lilly S

View attachment 24706 i did it! Took awhile but I can help those who are struggling. I learned that getting rid of toxicity was the first step to loosing weight. Here I am at my worst 168 lb for a 5"5 woman and the most recent shot is from yesterday at 123 lb

Congrats! You look amazing! What kind of diet and exercise and how long did it take you to reach your goal?

Hello Icychic! Awesome nick name! It took me 2 years but I did it very very slowly. I ate primarily whole grains, fish and a ton of fruits and vegetables. Also I changed my eating to having a small meal for breakfast like 4 ounces of muesli and almond milk and a major meal at 1pm. I completely had to cut out booze,sugar, processed foods and red meat. I made sure I get some form of excercise for 30 min every day. ( tennis yoga swimming jogging walking) anything just 30 min to move. Drinking water made a huge difference as I didn't realize that I wasn't drinking enough water. If you want me to get into details I can. Today I eat some sugar here and there but everything in moderation. Reach out if you have more questions!✨

That's awesome! Good for you!
Doing it slow means you have a much better chance of keeping it off.
I couldn't give up all sugar and processed foods. But I do need to be better of how much I do eat and drink of it.
I think most people don't drink enough water. I'm getting better with that.

View attachment 24707 Yes slow is the key also identifying and asking yourself if I am truly hungry helped. A lot of times I was eating because I was stressed or tired and misidentified it as hunger.

I do that too. Or it's just plain bad habits! So used to mindless snacking and it's horrible!

hi I am new here, and I would like to congratulate you with your healthy body now. I wanted to be the same I follow all the best advise for losing weight except with the food intake, its hard to eat healthy foods especially that I work fulltime and homemaker at the same time. Hoping to reach my goal too. BTW I avoided scale.

Hello! Welcome!
For me it boiled down to the quantity and quality of food I ate. And taking care of myself through moderate excercise and medidation living one day at a time.

Today I eat everything you name it I eat it but in very small quantities in moderation and I don't use food to stuff my emotions.

Food is fuel. Not comfort.

Let me know if I can help! Also don't forget water intake 2 liters per day was my goal and I need to keep reminding myself to drink more water.

yes please I need help with food preparation, and the right workout

Back