Cohen's Lifestyle Life After Cohen's

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Bringing this back again!!!

Hi all.

I finished refeed on 28/5/07 and have been experimenting since. I have had a couple of nights of excess alcohol (which suprisingly didn't have any next day affect).
I have not splurged too much with the food and have only gained 0.5kg. I am however craving all the foods I ate on Cohens. Does anyone else who has finished the program find this?
I travel a fair bit with work and was delighted last week when I finally didn't have to prepare meals the night before I went away and could buy lunch and dinner, although I did take eggs, asparagus and crackers for breakfast with me and I did buy meat and vegies and cooked them in the apartment for dinner.
This week however, I am back to the old way of bringing all my food with me. I have not weighed anything and I am mixing proteins but I was craving the old stuff.
Am I weird or is this normal??
Good luck to all who are still on the program, the rewards are great. And keep up the good work to all those who are off the program and sticking to life after.

Skinny hugs:hug2:
Allana

Re-feed is approaching & I'm getting excited about it. Please, please keep letting us know what slim life is like. ata-I think craving healthy food is a perfectly normal thing- It's our bodies letting us know that's what they need. Most of us aren't used to the idea, that's all! Cheers, Cate.

Hi all!!! i am thinking of going on the cohen program. But i am really confused about all the things that ppl are telling me eg: you can't lose wait so fast, its unhealthy, you will have lose skin etc. I have a lot of weight to lose.. about 40kg. would i be left with alot of loose skin? is there anyone out there who have lost this much weight and have experienced loose skin? i have been fat all my life since childhood. pls help!!

Excess skin

Hi all!!! i am thinking of going on the cohen program. But i am really confused about all the things that ppl are telling me eg: you can't lose wait so fast, its unhealthy, you will have lose skin etc. I have a lot of weight to lose.. about 40kg. would i be left with alot of loose skin? is there anyone out there who have lost this much weight and have experienced loose skin? i have been fat all my life since childhood. pls help!!

Soul84 I completed Cohen's last year and lost a total of 55kg. It took me 7 months from start to finish, and I am proud to say that I have maintained my new weight. I am also pleased to tell you that I have no loose or saggy skin. Having said that, I think the amount of loose skin you end up with, if any, depends on your body shape (where you carry your excess weight) and how long you have been carrying it for. I had been overweight for about 15 years before I discovered Cohen's.

My sister is now on Cohen's and has a total of 60 kg to loose. She has lost almost 50kg already. She is a lot shorter than I am, has been overweight for longer and has also had 3 children (I only have 1). She is worried about the loose skin 'pouch' she has on her belly. She is not convinced it will dissapear and that she will be left with a saggy belly after finishing. I have told her that even if she does still have some loose skin at the end, surely it is better to be and feel healthy (even with a saggy belly) than to be overweight. unhealthy and uncomfortable with your body...

I hope this helps!

What an inspirtation you are less of me. How have you managed to keep the weight off. What do you each on an average day and do you work out? I have put on 16kg and managed to only keep off 1.5kg off the original loss. This is mainly due to the deprevation-diet mentality and binging cycle I created over the years. One side of me says give it a a go another side says don't get into that cycle again. Just eat healthy and work out.

Thanks
KGB

Hi all,
I started the cohens program about a year and a half ago without completely finishing it. I pilled all of the 25 kilos i lost back on but am keen to start it again. I am really worried about losing all the weight I want to then trying to ease off the program with out the proper refeed program ( as I never recieved it as I stopped before I finished the program) Does anyone have any tips on keeping the weight off?
Thanks

Trials & Tribulation sans Cohens

Hi Everyone :)

Just thought I would let you know how it's all been going since completing Cohens this March.

First up Cohens is a wonderful weight loss programme and I am so glad I found it along with this foum. I generally found the plan easy to follow and enjoyed the strict and regimented plan. The only times I deviated was when I was drawn out of my home environment eg dinner parties, restaurants etc you get the idea, but even then I chose Cohen type foods and always carried my water, fruit and crackers with me.

During my programme my hubby decided we needed to move house due to his change of job:argue:.......BUT I still maintained the plan and didn't waver and the weight was coming off "slowly" but surely. I was feeling like a brand new person and didn't feel like a frumpy old mum any more and started taking care of my apperance once again and dressing.....dare I say :eek: a bit sexy... by this I mean no more baggy clothes to hide behind and being a bit more adventerous with clothes style and not shying away from fitting clothes.

I felt younger and lighter for the first time in so many years. :jump:

You see it wasn't only my outer apperance that changed, I felt my sense of self esteem and confidence return, my shyness reduce:hug2: .I actually started liking me and feeling worthy.

So after all the drama's with moving to a new suburb and getting the kids settled into a new School and so forth.....well I was just about to throw in the towel with the plan but I only had a few kilo's to go before reaching refeed, so I percieved but with a struggle, I did deviate several times but I eventually made it and completed refeed and managed to reach my goal.

Yeah!!!! Celebrations:beerchug:.............So all went well and I maintained my weight...........UNTIL winter came and I caught every bug going and eventually fell into old habits of comfort eating.

So hear I am people bearing my soul to you.

I lost 15kg on plan and have now regained 6kg:( I am so sad about it and I don't want my weight to creep back on which has happen with all other weight loss programmes in the past.

So basically I am here to say "Cohens" is a wonderful plan but don't be fooled into thinking that once you complete refeed that you no longer have to worry about the weight.... because you do. There is no such thing as a magic cure to weight loss and it will always need to be managed. I know from post cohenites who have completed the programme some have found certain foods not agreeing with them anymore and have mainly stuck to the Cohens way of eating.....well all I can say is I wish that was me, I can still eat most carb's with out any ill affects:(

Well here I am at the end of this long post which I must point out -I actually wrote for myself. I am hoping that reading my own words will shine some light on why I have jeopardised by weight loss plan and I hope it will refocus me back into helping reach my goal and manage it.

Goodluck to us all.:)

I agree, weight is managed never cured. Most people that stuggle with weight are people use food as an emotional crutch. Just because you have rid the weight it doesn't mean the problem of wanting to to turn to food goes away. We need to seek solutions on dealing with life and not turning to food.

Just Curious....

I just thought I'd bump this thread back to the front page again to see how folks are doing after refeed and maintaining their weight loss.

B

there is another forum that has more information on people post cohens, Good it as I don't think I can say it here.

any chance someone could send me that link in a personal message? I am so interested in reading people post-Cohen experiences.

hi...i was 1 lb away from re-feeding....but unfortunately, i cheated...now i'm back to 10 lbs away from my ideal weight:banghead:...help me get back so that i can start re-feeding!!!! thank you so much for any tips you can give me...

Cinderella, we are in the same shoe!!!!!

I’m on Cohen diet as well have one month to go for my contract to expire. So far lost 20Kg and its great, it amazing I would say!!! However I have to lose another 8kg to reach my target to be on the refeed. I know its not possible for me at this stage to lose 8kg on my last month but frankly I’m fine with the idea of extending my program. I sticked to my plan 100% for 4 months and seen the great result. After that I started with little deviation and now it getting worse….... Im feeling like an absolute fool and the guilt OMG. Any suggestions! im so uspet
icon_sad.gif

Cinderella, we are in the same shoe!!!!!

I’m on Cohen diet as well have one month to go for my contract to expire. So far lost 20Kg and its great, it amazing I would say!!! However I have to lose another 8kg to reach my target to be on the refeed. I know its not possible for me at this stage to lose 8kg on my last month but frankly I’m fine with the idea of extending my program. I sticked to my plan 100% for 4 months and seen the great result. After that I started with little deviation and now it getting worse….... Im feeling like an absolute fool and the guilt OMG. Any suggestions! im so uspet
icon_sad.gif

[/quote]

Back