Let's get this forum pumping

runforfun529

alright, I have many goals but my first is to just wake up earlier and eat breakfast at home instead of the very fattening breakfast from school :eek: Let's hope that this can start right away

Also I hope that I can start working out AT LEAST 5 times a week. This will help me get in shape for track and help me lose weight. So what are some of your goals/accomplishments?

once i get back in the country (dec. 8th) i plan on going for a nightly walk 5-6/week ... go for a run 3/week and workout 2-3/week ... my eating is generally pretty good, so i'll stick with that for now

December is here!!!! I love the holiday season. I love to bake ,and treat everyone with goodies, and fill the house with holiday cheer. However, I dont want to go off track. Also I want my girls to learn and maintain healthy eating and not to learn to associate food with love.
Its my Birthday, Christmas, my Wedding Anniversary and New Years all in the same month....all within one week....

So my goal this month
1) is to be health conscious for the whole family
2) stay on track with the work outs and eating right (min. 4 work outs a wk)
3) lose 5 - 8 lbs this month

Its now December 29th..thought I would come back and see how I did on this Months goals
1) Pretty good health conscious...I did no Christmas baking...ok, I made sugar cookies for the kids once for a party we had... ice cream floats once after their Christmas pageant and a few candy canes here and there. Other than that there was not really any extra indulges except well for Christmas day...I noted the kids more went to the meats and cheese and crackers than the sweet trays which is a good thing. Kids still at grandmas and she allows alot more treats..but hey what are grandmas for
2) I did stay on track with the work outs, except for this week...I havent been once...but back to painting as well in the basement. I decided to take it off...so I feel really motivated for the new year...plus I only have my glasses and I hate working out in glasses,..new contacts coming
3. I lost just over 12 pounds this month. Not too shabby for the holiday season.

Last edited:
my goal

When i'm at college, away from my house, i eat well, but since im moving back home in 2 weeks my goal is to continue to eat healthy at home - and not fall into the comfort food thing - i will also stay away from candy and ice cream, which is going to be very hard - does anyone have tips on how to avoid the 10 o'clock ice cream craving?

go to bed at 9.45PM:D

Actually if someone knew that would help me as well. I resisted buying ice-cream all summer, but broke down this week and bought some. Knowing that it won't last for Christmas, I'll probably get some more ...but that is it!!!

I started exercising in the morning, only 15-20 minutes and not every morning yet, but I am hoping to stick with that and increase to 5 times a week and then maybe increase the time.

Other than that - I am happy if I survive the Christmas Season without gaining too much...I just love this time of year and all the goodies it brings with, such as cookies, eggnog and hot cocoa. I know - I know... not the right thing for losing weight:eek:

Patience

I read some other members posts about patience. That is so true. reflecting on what happened to me today, I need to focus more on patience and making short term goals that I can stick to. Heres my story - I ate healthy today until dinner. For dinner I had a bowl of cereal, well thats not unhealthy, but it left me hungry a little while later, and so what I did was - there are food spots open around campus until 10 o'clock, and I went and got a sandwich .... and the 4 sides that come with the meal deal, and instead of getting fruit or another healthy choice, I picked all 4 unhealthy sides, i.e. mini chips ahoy, mini oreos, baked lays, and sunchips and for a drink I chose sprite, not diet sprite either. so now as i sit here and reflect on my bad experience, I will move forward with this in mind - instead of being very hungry and then eating poorly, I will have a healthy snack, like a portion of fig newtons, fruit or veggies.

Another one of my problem areas is that I often want to lose weight in extremes, so I will try to eat as little as possible as often as possible, but im throwing in that towel, because clearly that is not correct and will never give me long term weight loss. I will now focus on making small changes - and being patient!

I'm really glad I can express my issues on this website, and read what other people have to say, and get their advice, it helps soooooo much!!

Jordache, please don't kick yourself too hard!! it happends to EVERYONE, I promise it does! Just get up tommorrow and continue eating right.

My goals for this month is...
#1. Drink more water! (or any for that matter)
#2. Have a cookie, just not the whole dozen!
#3. Ask myself..am I hungry? Not sad or excited, hungry.

Need some opinions.

Hey Everyone!

Just registered after learing about this forum. It's cool to know there are people who feel like me or similar and share stories on here. So here goes mine. 2 Years ago I was only 175 Lbs when I got married. I gained a lot of weight (BACK) over two years and finally got the guts to go to the doctor for a blood test. Weighed in @ 227 and found out about HIGH Cholestorol after the visit. SO HERE IS WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO SINCE.

Started Nov. 11 04. (227 Lbs)

I started off with a 20 min walk a day at a comfortable pace and kept it up for about a week. Before this, I was totaly out of shape. Lazy, over eating when I was bored/sad/depressed. During that week, I was eating "Lean Cuisine" (200 Cal each meal) 3 times a day w/ no snacks in between and trying to drink plenty of water.

Then, I increased my speed (walking) and went up to 30 mins. This has helped me get my energy back. After the second week, I went up to an hour for the first Monday after getting so pissed @ myself for missing 3 days (Thanksgiving Weekend).

SO, the hour was'nt too bad! I actually kept it up and started two hours a day (for 9 Days now). I weighed myself today and discovered that I lost 17 Lbs! I feel good, but also worried at the same time. Will I keep it off this time?
Friends are saying that I lost it too fast and it is not good for the long run. Can anybody tell me if what I am doing is good, or am I missing something?

Thanks for ur time.

in the beginning you always lose the weight faster, because you lose a lot of water weight, and that - far as I know - doesn't really count.

Other than that I think your diet needs a little work. Try and eat 5-7 smaller meals and get some variety into your plan...such as fresh fruit and veggies, yoghurt, cottage cheese etc. If you ate 3 lean cuisine at under 300 calories each, you are under 1000 cals for the day, which is not enough. It will put your body in starvation mode and slow down your metabolism and as soon as you introduce more food into your system your body will pick it up and store it as fat, for the next time, when it won't get enough.

Your exercise is great...walking is a very good way to get your cardio exercises. And you already upped the time and speed quite a bid - good for you!
Keep up the good work! Good Luck

my goals

Well I am glad that I found this forum because I really just want some place that I can talk to others about what they are doing and how they are doing on their diets. I started mine today what I plan on doing is eating healthier, which means no sugar or fried foods (I love french fries and chocolate) and try to intake foods that will help me feel more full throughout the day. So I am trying to add in veggies and whole wheat bread. Then college classes start on Wed and I am enrolled in a weight lifting class, as well as a basketball and clogging. So I plan on the days that I don't lift weights I will run for about half hour. On the days that I lift weights I might do palates because I found that I really enjoy them. I know this is alot to expect from myself but I have high hopes and I look forward to talking with you all!

my goals

keep up everything i am doing food wise and exercising at least 45 min a day 5 or more days a week. trying to lose 7 pounds by valentines day, but at this rate i dont see that happening :mad:

hey since a couple of you are having a hard time dealing with ice cream. I have the same problem and you can allow your self a cheat meal like once a week and have a SMALL bowl of ice cream. Just so you don't get deprived and then you wont binge on it when you see it.

Back