L Shoulder pain, possible strain

Hey guys,
I hope everyone is doing well and is injury free. Recently I got a little rambunctious at the gym and injured my shoulder. There was swelling on my rhomboid muscle that lasted for 2 days, gradually decreasing. Now it's just tender, however, my trap feels like it's pulling on my neck, and whenever I rotate my shoulder forward I get a pulling pain. I also get a pain when I push down on where the scapula and the collar bone meet at the shoulder. Nothing severe, just annoying. Anyone have similar injuries? Treatments, or quick ways to get back to the gym? I'm thinking it's just a multifocal strain. Any thoughts? I do hot and cold treatment, and do upper back stretches.

Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. Injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. Injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci (plural for meniscus), and bones of the joint. The design of the shoulder joint is such that it sacrifices stability for mobility. As an extremely mobile joint that plays a central role in the action of a major extremity, the shoulder is at risk for injury

Back