Knee Extensions

Fitnessdotcom

1292325370_0218.gif

Stand up straight with an exercise band under one foot. Ensure that you have a good grip on the exercise band and that you have a good amount on tension on the exercise band. Inhale and lift the foot slowly, resisting against the band, until your hip and knee are at approximately 90 degrees. Exhale and push your foot back down until it touches the floor. Enure that you maintain good posture throughout the exercise.Repeat 10-12 times, the switch legs.

More...

I'm very interested in this discussion - walking and gait is something that I'm still having trouble with.

My operated knee goes to zero degrees but not beyond whereas my other knee will go beyond zero - I think this is called hyper-extension. Do I need to get my right knee beyond zero or doesn't it matter?

My gait looks fine to others, but it still feels odd to me. Odd means that I feel there is too much lifting from the hip and not enough pushing from the foot. It is still heel-toe (in that heel goes down first - it isn't that odd). Does this mean that it really is fine and I shouldn't worry about it feeling odd? Did anyone else experience this gait stage? Will it just improve with time?

I'm very interested in this discussion - walking and gait is something that I'm still having trouble with.

My operated knee goes to zero degrees but not beyond whereas my other knee will go beyond zero - I think this is called hyper-extension. Do I need to get my right knee beyond zero or doesn't it matter?

My gait looks fine to others, but it still feels odd to me. Odd means that I feel there is too much lifting from the hip and not enough pushing from the foot. It is still heel-toe (in that heel goes down first - it isn't that odd). Does this mean that it really is fine and I shouldn't worry about it feeling odd? Did anyone else experience this gait stage? Will it just improve with time?

your other knee should not hyper extend, strengthening the muscles around the knee evenly is required to keep from having problems, as for problems with your gait then you should see a physio.

Back