Just Another Weight Loss Diary

eeniemeeniemo

hello I'm new! Decided to try something different and document my progress here.

Ever since gaining 50 pounds back after a successful diet, I really lost hope. It was the same time doing pool exercise at the gym, and then it just started climbing :S Simultaneously, the stress of covid struck that worsened my anxiety/depression to emotional eating. Even to this day I'm still on edge. I know I've taken control before and stuck to my decisions...not going to lie, its been hard to find the motivation again.

Currently, I am 5'5'' at 250. My goal is small in getting back to 220, and then 200 again. I'm doing what I did before which was a semi-keto diet and lessened by meals per-day. In this time I've found what helps my metabolism; sugar/carbs is my worst enemy lol. I do very well when eating saturated fats and protein. However, with the limited options there are I have no choice but to have a bit more carbs (like bread, veggies, or starches). The biggest challenge is not get caught up in sweets since its been my 'buddy' this past year :(. On the plus side, I do have stevia to substitute since banana's and oats help my digestive system (banana bread and oatmeal bars..I bake these myself). Of course, portions are just as important about what I'm eating!

I'll also be adding in some fitness with an app I found. Fitness has been hard for me from feeling afraid or embarrassed. I've always been active younger, and then it suddenly makes me feel nervous. Though I want to try to be more active to improve my stamina..

Final notes: I don't know if I can trust the process again so maybe having a place to document my feelings might help! There may be times where I want to give up; I've been hard on myself since then but this time I want to take things steady and be okay with it. Thanks for reading~

Hi Eenie and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you know what you´ve got to do. Many of us know how much it sucks to have to lose weight you´ve lost before but having a diary to post your frustrations in and get motivation can really make a difference.
Best of luck!

sorry I've been dead this past week! food intake wise...not gonna lie, I forgot it was still holiday season and lots of sweets still in the house :(

found a nice workout app that I can ease into. hoping to build up stamina to include that in the weight losing process. that part is going well! and its efficient for home office work too!

I forgot it was still holiday season and lots of sweets still in the house :(
Even if you don't shun the sweets completely moderation can be the difference between having 5 more kilos to relose or not come January. That's a solid month of weightloss you can save yourself from.
Your new app sounds great and staying on track fitnesswise can be so helpful for motivation!

Even if you don't shun the sweets completely moderation can be the difference between having 5 more kilos to relose or not come January.

I agree! I used to not want much sugar, only on rare occasions. Its the texture that gets me and lately I've been over-craving sweets. so I decided to not eat anymore sugar products until my bday and chirstmas. Going on third day focusing on grains and proteins! Funny how you mention the moderation because I'm prepping myself back not to want much anymore lol

sorry for the absence! there some new mental health information about myself that I have to readjust my process throughout the day. yes I ate a lot of surgar during the holidays lol but I didn't stuff myself or feel bad about doing it (the after affect of feeling like a failure and giving up). just a bit stressful with the new years and stuff. my weight has been shifting back and forth so until its consistent i'll give an update on that!

I hope this year has you on track to be healthy & hopefully kick that sugar habit. I think we all know how hard that is. I need to focus on losing weight again & implement some discipline. We can do this, eenie :)

Back