Journey, Not A Destination

Hey there! Thanks. Still going strong around here, huh?

Welcome back, Steve. I often go back & re-read your articles. They are so informative. Hope all is well with you.

frustrating as always lol

usual mix of spammers, members who are doing their best and the ever present members spouting crap from the latest celebrity diet or exercise program they have read. most of the genuine members hang around in the diary section these days, some of the other areas are a bit like a ghost town. I help people when I can/have time to write a full reply but can be an uphill battle, otherwise mostly spam management. Probably the only other really old member still here is cate who is a great cheerleader for new members.

Welcome back, Steve. I often go back & re-read your articles. They are so informative. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks! I was just poking around and totally forgot how many articles of mine where here. Brings back some fantastic memories. I was chatting with Sean today about this community is doing. I told him that I still get the warm fuzzies about this place. It's really where I started my online career. I used to love the old forum back in the day... so many great people.

Anyhow, I'm glad some of those early writings were helpful to you.

frustrating as always lol

usual mix of spammers, members who are doing their best and the ever present members spouting crap from the latest celebrity diet or exercise program they have read. most of the genuine members hang around in the diary section these days, some of the other areas are a bit like a ghost town. I help people when I can/have time to write a full reply but can be an uphill battle, otherwise mostly spam management. Probably the only other really old member still here is cate who is a great cheerleader for new members.

Yeah, that's what it looks like unfortunately. That's a bummer. Seemed like the community never rebounded when the original forum was upturned. I might be wrong about that since I didn't stop in after that very much. Hopefully it hasn't been bad since then! I wonder if we could ever get this place really buzzing again?

it would be great, but I think forums in general, regardless of topic struggle a bit compared to the big social media sites.

I have come and gone a few times, this time round cleared out a lot of spam but as the only active mod I do miss some and some sits for a bit when I cannot get online.

This platform seems to be ok, better than the last one, there was a few teething problems and there are a lot of broken links in older posts due to the changes.

Gotcha. Myfitnesspal is where I spend a lot of my time now. That place is crazy active. But I guess they integrate the social media aspect of things better than a standard forum.

Just wanted to pop in here to reminisce on the good ol' days. This community played a major role in my life and career. I wonder if there are any original members around these parts today.

Hi, Steve. Trusylver joined in 2005 & I joined in 2007 & we have stuck around. It's still a really good community & I know it plays a big part in my life.

Just wanted to pop in here to reminisce on the good ol' days. This community played a major role in my life and career. I wonder if there are any original members around these parts today.

not many of us still here but the new owners are reasonable

Hi, Steve. Trusylver joined in 2005 & I joined in 2007 & we have stuck around. It's still a really good community & I know it plays a big part in my life.
I remember you and that's incredible that you guys are still around. This place always held a special place in my heart. It's cool to see it still going.

Ahhh, okay. So new ownership.

And you're a coach now? Good for you. I don't recall that being the case back when I was around here.

I have been a qualified coach for quite a while (2009 same year I won my National Title), but I am also over half way through my sport and exercise science degree, possibly looking to move into research.

I have been a qualified coach for quite a while (2009 same year I won my National Title), but I am also over half way through my sport and exercise science degree, possibly looking to move into research.

Nice! Sorry I misremembered. A national title in?

Nice! Sorry I misremembered. A national title in?

Powerlifting.

I think it can be difficult at times to know what sort of qualifications some people have as the structure is different across differing countries. Here in Australia the education framework is very structured and does not have the wide array of independent certifiers that is seen in the US. We have a few but they are generally not recognised.

Powerlifting.

I think it can be difficult at times to know what sort of qualifications some people have as the structure is different across differing countries. Here in Australia the education framework is very structured and does not have the wide array of independent certifiers that is seen in the US. We have a few but they are generally not recognised.

Most aren't recognized here. And some that are should not be. And those that are widely aren't even that good.

Back