Jittery nervousness fast heart rate.. no reason

this has been happening to me alot latley..

i guess its anxiety or whatever..

in 24, in perfectly healthy.. etc etc

BUT.. ill be just sitting down,, and ill get just... nervous.. jitters... my heart rate will increlase.. and im just.. anxious and jittery.. for no damn reason..

i hate it, its like i cant relax..

i eat.. deacent.. mostly home cooked, mabey a some fast food every once in a while.. seldom.

i weight train every other day and run every day.. have an active job..

i have SOME stress in my life.. but probably no more than anybody else.. i went through a VERY VERY VERY stressful time not too long ago.. but that has passed.. but yet i remain very stressed out all the time. verge of depression.. over.. NOTHING..

also.. i get moods swings.. BAD.. ill go from being fine to very "pissy" over next to nothing.. im thinking that this is perhaps a result of always being nervous though.. mabey not..

what are some GOOD over the counter.. or herbal.. or whatver things to drink/eat to help me calm down and relax a little..

i think being jittery and wound up so much is whats causing my mood swings.

As far as relaxants you've got herbs like Kava Kava, St. John's Wort, and Valerian Root that claim to relax you. Products like 5-HTP and melatonin are also good for stimulating calming seratonin responses. For you, I'd probably try Valerian root out - I've heard it works for similar symptoms.

Though, as far as what's causing the problem I'd consult a doctor. Sounds possibly like a chemical imbalance or hormonal issues.

Xenadrine is a stimulant (gives you energy) fat burner, and would cause some jitteriness - but only when it's present in your system.

For future reference (and this doesn't address the issue at hand) the two best known non-stimulant fat burners are CLA (Conjugated Lineolic Acid) and Pyruvate.

well.. today, i feel fine, i didnt take any 5-htp this morning (bacuase i forgot hehe) and i havent had any problems with nervousness or anything..

im still PROBABLY going to set a Drs appointment.. but its looking more and more like this period of anxiety was just that, and not a prolonged situation.

only time will tell i guess.

Wobble said:
i went through a VERY VERY VERY stressful time not too long ago.. but that has passed.. but yet i remain very stressed out all the time. verge of depression.. over.. NOTHING..
I went through the same thing, even though that stressful situation has passed it may take some time for your body to "calm down" from everything that happened. My life has been calm for almost 2 years now but I just started to feel normal again less than a year ago. IF it's the same thing I had I wouldn't advise being put on any kind of "downer" but see what the doc says. If you wanna talk or anything just let me know. :)

well

i dont get it..

the other day i was feeling a little nervous.. slightly jittery..

so i took a 5mg 5-HTP which had previousley seemed to help, i took it with a small meal, and shortly there after, had an anxiety attack. panic attack .. whatever.. i started to sweat a little and just felt very nervous and .. keyed up...

took a sominex and layed down and after a few hours i managed to fell asleep.. now im afraid to take the 5-HTP, fearing that it will cause another attack.

the wierd thing (or maybe it makes perfect sense) is that.. if I keep myself buisy.. or have somebody totalk to about it.. i feel better.. it only REALLY seems to get bad when i have slack time..

like this morning.. i woke up anxious.. over what i have no idea..

its like.. i just cant relax.. plain and simple. .cannot take it easy.. cant be calm.. im always nervous or feeling a sense of creeping dread or something.. its hard to explain..

i had a few drinks (2 beers and a coke and jack) last night.. and .. i actually felt normal for a while.. but lord knows im not going to crawl into a bottle to avoid feeling anxiety..

a friend of mine suggest that i talk to a counsler..

ok direction shift..

during the VERY stressful months in my life, which culminated in 3 or 4 extrodanarily stressful and demanding days.. i was not.. like.. man, its hard to explain.. it was like i was on autopilot.. i didnt FEEL much, i just did what i had to do.. and didnt like.. feel the stress or something.. .GRRR this is hard to explain..

my friend thinks that maybe all this extreme tension and stress that i at the time repressed and or ignored.. or whatever.. is now setting in and taking hold.. not unlike "post traumatic stress disorder"

his logic is that my mind and body were under such intense stress and such strain and tension.. for so long.. that now.. its not letting it go..

maybe that makes sense, maybe it doesent.. i dunno... i just know the one thing i need.. somebody to talk to.. is what i dont have.. i dont have any friends who i feel i can confide in with really talking about this stuff.. so like.. probably one of the MOST helpful things i could do.. getting this stuff off my chest.. is not something i can do it seems.

also.. something that has begun is that im paranoid about illness and disease..

not long ago my mother passed away with cancer, and also my father had a brain tumor (benign) removed..

so now.. any and every thing.. makes me spin off into "something is wrong, my god.. maybe i have a tumor/cancer/ you name it..

i was never this way before., now i i get the sniffles for more than a few days.. I start wigging out "WHY AM I STILL SICK!!, what is wrong!! etc etc"

its retarded.. i know.. but man.. like i said.. i am unable to relax..

maybe i got so used to being stressed out or having something bad to deal with.. that now i manifesting **** to worry about..

gah!

If anybody has any tips my aim is itsnotcrankwalk im definatly open for suggestions.

Last edited:
well, there is a somewhat "good" side to all of this.. running helps me feel a little better and lifting weights helps alot it seems..

so.. im all jittery and nervous and almost depressed.. but.. im getting HUGE.. hahaha

I am the same way man, I tend to make little things much bigger than they are. I get nervous and shakey over dumb things and I just don't understand why.

My doctor said I could have IBS from stress (uuuggghhh) so if you don't control it, it could get even more of a pain.

I listen to music and excerscise to get rid of the feeling...

I'd have to say its either a chemical imbalance, or possibly just stress you've suppressed, in which case a little time talking to a therapist might help ease your tension.

Stress

I understand about the fear of illness. I lost my father to brain tumors that caused an aneurism. I tried anti-depressants and drugs for sleep and panic attacks, but the whole time I was taking them I felt like I was weak for needing them and should be able to cope on my own. You really should talk to a counsellor. Friends are not the answer, you need to be able to avail yourself of the things you are feeling, and that should only be in the hands of a trained professional. Keep working out, I know it works for me. Do you find that there is a certain time of day, or initial feeling or thought that comes into your head before this happens that might be a trigger? I always seem to get antsy very early, like 5'ish in the morning and before I try to go to sleep.(Yah, I don't sleep much) Maybe try writing down when it happens, and what is going through your head at the time. See if there is a pattern.
Good luck!
(oh, and try not to get too HUGE, you might start ripping your shirts when you check your watch:p )

Do you have any other symptoms? These might sound weird, but do any of these ring true for you? ...intolerance of heat, itchy skin, unintentional weight loss, jitters, increased appetite, fast pulse, elevated blood pressure? What about sleeping--are you getting by on significantly less sleep...like half of what you normally need and yet do you still feel extra energized?

I'd have to say its either a chemical imbalance, or possibly just stress you've suppressed, in which case a little time talking to a therapist might help ease your tension.

I thought the same thing about the suppressed stress, it happens to us humans sometimes. I have found that talking with others about your concerns and stress is a great way to help relieve some of the stress and pressure. Talk to anyone, they can be trained medical professionals or your family and friends, maybe some random strangers in the real world or online. Communication is the key to solving strange issues we all have !

Back