Jennys diary

georgiegirl

Started in ernest this week:-

Mon, Tues Wed. not too bad, kept on the diet reasonably well. except for an ice cream after dinner on Tuesday night.

Weekends are my down fall and also dinner. My husband is home at 3 I am home at 6 , he cooks (which is great) but I am hungry when I get home and eat all there is.

He is now officially on a diet (doctors orders) so may be better as he cuts down.

Have only done little walks from the train station to work and back, but as the weather is getting cooler can get on the bike etc. on the weekend. Exercise is my downfall as well as tooooo much food.

have two weeks off work so will see how I go then.

HI there,

well you started - that's great and the two weeks of should give you lots of time to go for bike rides:D:D
I know - I'm one to talk...I've completely let everything slide...

Back at work, good and bad news, good news didn't put any weight on over my holidays, bad news didn't lose either, and boy did I work hard - go figure. Must of been all the naughty bits I ate.

Trying to limit my fat intake so have a book now to check on calories, fat etc. I am walking each day but need to get into some cardio to get the heart rate up.

Breakfast and lunch are pretty good, still have a problem at night when I get home and am hungry. Will have to work on that one.

Cheers:

hi there,

maybe try some snacks between meals. I usually have snack between breakfast and lunch and another one in the afternoon. A friend of mine once went to a nutritionist and was told that she was starving herself during the day (she ate breakfast and lunch) and therefore overeating at night. And also try some (lots) of water. You can feel hungry, when you are actually dehydrated.

I agree with Lisa. If you are eating a fair amount of food during the day and not much water, yet still feel hungry, it is common to be just dehydration. If you need to snack at night, try to resist the temptation to have food that are empty calories or even too much carbs (as you don't need energy to sleep - it'll just end up being stored as fat).

thanks guys

Good advice I have started to drink plenty of water in the day and Hey I am not as hungry at night. I didn't know about the dehydration thing.

Fingers crossed

Thanks Lisa :)

All is going well, have been pretty good and sticking in the main to eating healthy, drinking heaps of water (even though it is winter here) and walking/jogging (slowly) at night, this has really helped. Its the exercise thing that I need to do as I sit all day in front of a computor and the only exercise I get is walking to the printer.

HI Georgiegirl,

good for you that you are keeping on track..I know the feeling about sitting all day. Keep it up even if it's winter over there. We still enjoy a very nice summer and I try to spend some time outside, but it doesn't always work:(
Good Luck!

Back