Jello Protein Booster

weezy1

I have to increase my protein intake, but I really hate some of the supplements.....so ....Jello Protein Booster.

Using diet Jello (your favorite flavour) - I use Raspberry
Mix with 1/2 cub boiling water.

Add 8 ice cubes (preferably made with reverse osmosis water)

Stir until jello powder is disvolved and jello is beginning to get thick.

Remove unmelted icecubes.

put jello in fridge for 15 minutes then get out

Use an electric beater to beat it until it is frothy

Fold in a scoop of your favorite protein drink powder (I hate them all)

Continue to beat the mixture until more bubbles form. Return container to fridge and allow to set firmly (about 2 hours).

Should make you 4 servings. Yum!

Eat protein and lose fat!!!

sounds interesting - I have to try it some time

i have to try that sometime - i don't like any of the protein shakes...so far I mix it in my oatmeal or breakfast shake. During the day I prefer Bars that are high in protein.

Protein Cereal mix

Originally posted by Natalie
i have to try that sometime - i don't like any of the protein shakes...so far I mix it in my oatmeal or breakfast shake. During the day I prefer Bars that are high in protein.

Those shakes are deadly... adding to breakfast cereal is good.

My breakfast "cereal " mix is:

1 scoop soy protein
1 tablespoon ground almonds (high protein content)
1 tablespoon each: wheat germ, lecithin granules and ground flax seed
1/2 cup unsweetened fruit juice
1/2 cup of previously soaked dried fruit (I use blueberries, currents, prunes and papaya).

If available I add 1/4 cup of fresh fruit such as melon, blues berries, raspberries or strawberries.

This mix seems to keep me energized until it's time for the mid morning booster snack.
:)

wow weezy - that sounds like work early in the morning. I either set my time, so my oatmeal is done when I get up, or I make a breakfast shake - put in powder & add milk. Getting the cofeemake going is enough work that early in the morning:D

Something that I've found works great for having your daily protein powder is adding it to yogurt. I've experimented with many different flavors and the best mix I've found is peach ... and, the worst i've found is those multi-berry ones.

But not if you're unable to eat yogurt....

and other milk products. I have to admit to having a built-in dislike of milk products which stems from being given boiled milk as a kid. there was this horrible skin that always formed....but in later life I found that milk products are migraine triggers for me...so sadly the yogurt disguise won't work, good idea though for those that can eat yogurt.

Last week I found that if I mix peanut butter with the soy protein powder, along with a small amount of juice, it makes a rather sticky paste which is not too bad to eat as a snack. Loads of protein.....

I also keep a supply of hard boiled eggs around for those moments of needing an instant boost. My cholesterol is really good so I'm not concerned eating eggs.:D

now that is interesting. Milk products can trigger a migraine - or is that just you, because of bad childhood experiences (i remember that skin on the milk, but has a nice Mummy that took it off for me)?
Reason I ask is that my husband is having a lot more migraines lately (he's been suffering since he was a kid) and we recently switched from oatmeal for breakfast to shakes with 1% milk. We also eat yoghurt on a daily basis, we both love it. We use the natural yoghurt and mix in some fruit or jam.
AllCdnBoy - I'll try mixing the powder in the yoghurt next time. Thanks for the tip (weezy - notice I am lazy:D...your tip is more work....i will still try it sometime)

migraine triggers

Natalie: The milk trigger for migraines is not just me. My husband was also a migraine sufferer until he removed milk from his diet. Somehwere I found a whole bunch of info on migraine triggers, not all migraine sufferers have the same triggers...but milk, chocolate and wine are several well known triggers.

Why don't you guys switch to rice or soy milk? You can disguise any taste by adding bananas, and other fruit (and also natural food flavouring). A really good mix is cocoa powder first disolved in hot water and mashed bananas.

Coconut milk is amazing and also very good for you.:)

Attachments

• weezy3b.jpg
    weezy3b.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 293
i keep hearing more and more often that milk really isn't good for the body. Sure, there are a lot of nutrients etc that are good for ya, but the body just doesn't like digesting it that well. I actually use soy milk for everything except cereal and drinking with a meal ... it actually mixes protein shakes better too ... i even prefer the taste ...

Pros and cons of Milk

Various different studies show opposing sides to this issue. In the Osteo book by Dr. Lee, he explains how our bodies are set up to accept and digest mother's milk, and then when that runs out (probably around ages1.5 to 2 years old, we are no longer able to make good use of it.

Now clearly mother's milk contains different nutirnets to that of cow, so right there that might be an indicator.

If we look at what passes even for cow's milk, we have to see that we are not actually getting the fresh, wholesome substance that was originally removed from the cow.:mad:

Check it out. When you look at the expeiry date on a carton of milk it's usually at least two weeks from the day you bought it. That ought to alert you right there that whatever you are getting, it ain't fresh, pure milk. :D

There are of course reasons why drinking untreated, raw milk could be hazardous. That would include bacteria and contaminants.

So in order to ensure that we do not get food poisoning and worse from milk they pasturrize it and run other treatments on it, and then, because the various cleansing processes remove the nutrients and vitimens, they ADD nutrients, etc.

So now what we have is a beverage that originally was milk, but now appears to be a milk-lookalike with lots of other stuff added.

I have no idea whether the various processes through which milk goes are a contributing factor to why many people are unable to digest the stuff, but I figure soy or rice beverage will do just as well for most applications.

Natrually the various milk marketing boards will try to convince you that milk is amazing with the other group trying to prove that milk sucks.

Personally - since milk makes me throw up and get migraines, I think I'll just avoid it.

:)

Hi weezy,
I printed out your info. for the Jello protein booster, I just have a couple
questions...One scoop of powder or two? My powder is soy protein and a serving is 2 scoops, but I don't want to make it taste disgusting by puting
in too much? And when do you eat your booster? Between meals, for
breakfast? I was going to try it today instead of my yogurt as a snack between meals.
Also, I'm kinda confused as to how much protein I need daily to burn fat. :confused:
Any advice on that? Thanks......Tina

signorellit said:
Hi weezy,
I printed out your info. for the Jello protein booster, I just have a couple
questions...One scoop of powder or two? My powder is soy protein and a serving is 2 scoops, but I don't want to make it taste disgusting by puting
in too much? And when do you eat your booster? Between meals, for
breakfast? I was going to try it today instead of my yogurt as a snack between meals.
Also, I'm kinda confused as to how much protein I need daily to burn fat. :confused:
Any advice on that? Thanks......Tina

Hi Tina:

Sorry for the delay in response .... I hadn't logged on for a while ;-((

Anyhow .....

I use 1 (one) scoop of protein powder for each package of jello used. Of course the scoop size would make a difference. My protein powder says one scoop is a serving, so maybe my scoops are a different size....

You may want to experiment with that ....

I use the jello as a snack or a dessert (or if desperate, as a meal ).

Hmmmmmm. Protein to burn fat ... ?

Well, my advisors tell me that while I am exercising and body building (trying to build muscle) I need to be consuming 1 gram of protein for each pound of body weight. (or close to that) .......

I think that you need to cut back on carbs, increase protein and not worry too much about calories - that seems to be what they advocate.

Most people do not eat enough ... yeah, surprise huh?

You need to eat a substantial breakfast, one that gives you protein, carbs and plenty of water. An example would be eggs and bacon or eggs and ham, a slice of wholewheat or multigrain bread, fruiit and muesli, glass of juice, glass of water, coffee/tea. Sounds like a ton of food right? But think of it as fuel that will keep your body going til mid morning snack.

The key is to have the bulk of any carbs you are consuming in the early part of the day.

For example, do NOT have a baked potato, pasta, rice, or pizza with supper .... Have a substantial supper, but have fish, chicken of the meat of your choice served with vegetables and salad (and water).

Fruit is good, but watch which type you eat. Best choices are Cantaloupe, berries (raspberries, blackberries, mulberries, strawberries, blueberries).

Make sure that you DO have your snacks. Boiled eggs are great. Rolled up slices of ham or roast beef are good and so are zone bars if you want something sweet. I like the beef jerky strips - BUT - they are very salty and that is not so good.

The more water you can drink the better your body will function. Don't drink all your water at once, or rather, try to sip away steadily at your water rather than guzzle it down.

The road to weight loss and maintenance is a very rocky one and sometimes it can be VERY discouraging. It has taken me 6 months to lose 1/2 inch off my stomach. But keep plugging away at it and visit the forum often (unlike me that goes for months without posting ...):p

All the best

Weezy

Thanks for the info. I will keep in mind the fruit and keep drinking
plenty of water. I made the Jello protein booster, it was o.k.
I think thats probably one of the best ways to consume protein,
considering the taste and graininess of it. All though my kids tasted it
and spit it right back out :eek: ha ha.
Yes, I do like the zone bars or the UTURN bars.
Thanks again.....Tina

Hi Georgiegirl,
Protein is important to help build muscle which in turn burns fat.
And like me if anyone has pms problems the SOY PROTEIN, may help
keep hormones level and assist in weightloss!
By building muscle I don't mean like a body builder, I just mean
less flab, more toned muscle= less fat. More lean muscle burns
more fat and increases metabolism, even when you are resting!

Last edited:
Well, if one isn't getting sufficient protein in one's daily diet, one has to supplement. In my case, I'm trying to build muscle to combat OsteoP. This means that I need to take in roughly one gram of protein for every pound of body weight.

Since I am neither a big eater or a meat eater ... I often am not really getting enough protein even with really careful meal planning .....to ensure that I do get the correct amount, I use supplements.

Some of the protein powders are not bad, some are horrible. You have to experiment.

Cheers

Weezy

Thanks Guys

Thats what I like about this forum, you read and learn interesting helpful things. Will check it out and try adding some protien, as I know I am not having enough.
Georgie :D

Back