I've lost more than 40kg...

I've been overweight since I was a small kid. Looking back on photos of me when I was 4 or 6 years old, you could see me transforming into a fat kid. Ever since I was 12 or 13, I've tried to lose weight, but I could never stick to anything because I was clueless about techniques and never saw results.

Finally, in 2009, my uncle began giving me a helping hand. Since then, I've embarked on a weight loss journey worthy of The Biggest Loser.

In 2009 I started at 128kg, and by December I was weighing in at about 91kg. Over the course of 2010 I whittled down my body fat more and more, and focused on weight training as I wish to transform myself into a lean, toned, muscular machine.

For a simple before and after, see here:

Since then, I've lost a few more kilos. I need to make a new photo, but it's still bloody impressive.

And this illustrates my weight loss progression:

Once again, I need a new "after" photo, but still...

Here are a few more "before" photos to illustrate the extent of the damage I did to my body:

As of now, I'm not satisfied with my body. I have a long way to go. I have stomach flab to fight, and muscle to build. But I would be foolish, and, frankly, selfish to say I'm not at least happy with my progression. After all, the self-control I've exerted in avoiding chocolate and other junk (even pasta, potatoes, bread, etc) for so long counts for something. (Obviously, over Christmas '09 and '10 I did succumb to eating junk, but c'mon...It's CHRISTMAS!)

And that's my story :)

WoW thats awesome man. Keep it up. You can tell that you are much happier in the pictures where you lost weight. Congratulations, now time to get build that muscle and get some abs. =)

great progress.

WOW.

You seem to be evolving. You should have taken still photos walking, that would have been cool to get to a progression. LOL

These are what I have seen from your photos:

1. The smiles are getting better.
2. The Shirts are getting smaller.
3. The shirts are getting better too.
4. You are becoming a health buff.
5. You like cakes.
6. You rock!

Good job and go for it. I think the progression needs to be redone when you get to the next level.

Good job buddy. Try to stay fit and healthy and after that start building some muscles. This will improve the way your body look and you will burn more and more calories becoming lean and maybe (why not) ripped too !!!

Wow this is AMAZING!!!! I'M SOOO PROUD OF YOU.

Back