Issue with smilies

mizzie

I'm having trouble viewing smilies in threads. I can see them when writing a post (the list on the side), but they don't show up when I'm reading threads. I just get the little red X of doom. Is there a setting or something I can adjust to fix that?

Same thing is happening to me! I have just been wondering if it was a java issue or what.

This has been annoying the crap out of me for a few days now. I'd put a smiley at the end of this post, just to illustrate how annoyed I am, but...you wouldn't be able to see it anyway, so I won't bother.

Try clearing your cache and reloading the site. Sometimes when a software update is done your computer won't load the site graphics properly until you've cleared your cache.

Dang, I won't be able to do that. I'm on my work computer and while my boss doesn't care if I'm on the web, he has control over that stuff. I can't clear the cache, the button is grayed out.

Dang, I won't be able to do that. I'm on my work computer and while my boss doesn't care if I'm on the web, he has control over that stuff. I can't clear the cache, the button is grayed out.

LOL, yeah, I visit this forum at work too, and can't change any settings. Sometimes there are pics in certain people's threads that I can't see and it is so annoying, because you see all these great posts about what a transformation people have made and how good they look and I feel like I'm missing out.

Try clearing your cache and reloading the site. Sometimes when a software update is done your computer won't load the site graphics properly until you've cleared your cache.

My cache clears every time I close my browser. Could it be something else?

EVen though your daily cache clears, sometimes you still have to manually clear out the whole thing and your history. I don't know why ... try to do a complete clear of cache and cookies and the log back in.

Cleared my cache and still no smilies for me. There are only so many exclamation marks you can use in a post!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's an issue with anyone's browser. Logically, it's just impossible. If it was a browser issue, then only people with the same exact browser and the same exact versions, updates, settings (etc) would be having trouble seeing the smilies. Yet, a lot of different people with a lot of different browsers are having issues with not being able to see the smilies.

Just as when we had the issue with not being able to log-in and/or stay logged in (when you check the "Remember Me" button), it has nothing to do with your browser. I have changed absolutely nothing about my browser and/or settings on my computer in over a year, but these problems for me have just come and gone. So, whatever is causing it is definitely not our browsers.

Could it be Java though? Perhaps.

Last edited:
I was thinking it was a java issue initially as well, but I am unsure if the emoticons are set off java and am unsure what this site did with their latest software maintenance. I don't know if those of us who have posted here are using the same browser and could have a browser/plug-in issue BUT I tried a different browser and cleared the cache, still same problem so I think it's time to call our Tech friends :D <---I just put a big grin emoticon there ;-)

Same here. Tried IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari, all with clear caches - no joy. Just getting placeholders instead of smilies.

Updated Java as well, even though I don't think it's a Java issue, but in any case, it didn't work either. Not sure what it could be. :( <-----(edit: *sigh* - old habits die hard, but I guess it kind of proves a point.....)

Oh.....they seem to be back!

Test, test....:) :( :blush5::willy_nilly:

Edit: Hmm...ONE of them seems to be back. I can see the first one, not the others. Spooky!

yeah this :) is the only one I can see which is why I use it lolol

Back