is it possible 2 lose your baby weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum of 1

hi im a 21 year old mum 2 a 16 month old daughter. ever since i had her i done exercices and i tried everything to try and lose it but it has seemed to stay could any one help me try and do other things to try and lose it

I feel your pain :)

It is VERY possible to loose the weight!! However, your body shape changed when you got pregnant and you will have to embrace your new body and your new curves.
I was a skinny 110 pounds when i got pregnant, not really any shape to my body. My hips got wider with having babies and I have learned to appreciate them.

First, you have to stop comparing your body to what it use to be. STOP that NOW! Do not even think about it! You need to set NEW goals. Focus on getting fit and healthy with the body you have NOW. You might never be the dress size you use to be, but you can actually get more fit and healthy and more tone then when you were that dress size!

After I had my last baby, I lost all the weight, and toned my body, using a program called Slim in 6. Google it and you'll find it. I never was able to be a size 6 again, but I still look more tone and healthier.

Do not give up. Make sure you burn more calories in one day than you take in (eat) Cut the sugar and fat from your diet and you will see results. If you cut off 500 calories off your diet every day, you will loose one pound a week. If you exercise on top of that, you'll loose even quicker, but make sure you dont loose too much, too quick, because you will gain it back as soon as you stop that routine.

Set small goals. Decide what dress size you want to fit into. If your body shape changed, forget about your past dress size, please! My goal became a fit size 8 after my babies, instead of the not so fit size 4 i used to be. Just be realistic and not so hard on yourself :)

I understand what you are going through. It was the same with me. I suggest you should use a good diet food delivery service. Bistro MD diet worked really well for me. Add some exercise to it and you'll have great results! Basically Bistro MD is low calorie diet food prepared by expert nutritionists. It tastes really good and they deliver to your door.

On Cutting out Fat and Oil

Hi Happymamato6 - Great you lost that weight - I still have 8kg to go (3 years after the birth) - I am a childless mother - premature birth. But still struggle with the weight - 20kg in 5 months. Preposterous!

You really have some sound advice, and you are inspiring.

BUT (sorry)

Cut the sugar and fat from your diet and you will see results.

Sugar, I agree: no good at all.

But, if I were to cut out fats from my diet I would go back to being severely depressed. I simply need the Omega 3 available in fats.
So I still follow a calory restricted diet,(started last week after a year break from the soup diet) but with a ratio of 40(carbs):30(fats):30(protiens), like the Zone Diet.

Yes, fats and oils have a lot of calories, but one simply have to eat them, since it takes fats to metabolize fats.

So, it helps me to incorporate at least 3 table spoons of hemp oil per day into my diet. Yummy with salads!! Rather supplement with Flax seed oil or Hemp seed oil than eat pastry, definitely!!

A person needs fat/oil. But alas, too much will make you grow horizontally.

I'm also a mum of a 16 month old daughter... I guess trying to loose weight is every mummy's target!! Well, I was quite lucky that I did not gain that much of weight while I was pregnant. I guess it was because I was conscious of what I was eating then.

This goes back to before I was pregnant. I have high cholesterol. A Chinese physician told me that oatmeal is good for reducing my high cholesterol. At the same time, I was also trying to loss some weight. Hence, i followed the advice. I have pure (i.e. plain oatmeal) for breakfast. And I improvise it to dinner - only soup + oatmeal in it. Find it strange? A lot of my friends said so too. But it can really be delicious! All I need to do is to make sure that my soup is nutritious - with the necessary fibre, proteins, iron, etc and etc. E.g, fish soup with green vegetables, tomatoes + 5 spoons of oatmeal. Or you can have seafood soup, seaweed soup, corn soup, mushroom soup etc.

After I knew that I was pregnant, I told my gynae of my diet. And guess what? She says that it's good! Very healthy for myself and the baby. So, I stick to the same diet but of course also add some others when I have cravings... hehehe....

Maybe because of this, I did not gain much weight myself. Now, I'm just about 1kg heavier than before my pregnancy. I'm happy with it. Like what Happymamato6 says, we will definitely be bigger in any other ways after pregnancy.... So, don't be too hard on ourselves! Eat healthy. That's important.

You can try out my diet plan with oatmeal. Both my hubby and myself are still on oatmeal even now. At the beginning, you may feel hungry easily... but then, once you get used to it, it is just another normal meal!

btw, weekends, of cos, we eat like crazy!! Only follows the diet for 5 days... hahaha... not very discipline... But "Discipline" is the most important key to weight loss success.

Good luck to all!

Yes you can. Ladies I am proof. I gained 63lbs with my second daughter and after a year I only lost 15lbs. I because depressed and didn't know what to do. I started a cleanse process that took away my sugar cravings and it gave me so much energy. I dislocated my knee so I couldn't exercise. Even walking would hurt. I lost 44 lbs within the first 60 days and 12 more lbs since then. (violation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,to all

You can try out my diet plan with oatmeal. Both my hubby and myself are still on oatmeal even now. At the beginning, you may feel hungry easily... but then, once you.get used to it, it is just another normal meal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Losing Weight After Pregnancy

I was also in your shoes at one time. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and after my second I put on double the weight during my first pregnancy. In the beginning no matter what I did, I wasn’t able to take off the extra weight. It was only until I really changed up my routine and eating habits that I started to notice any changes in my body.

The first thing I did was stop eating bad carbs (white breads, white rice), I then stop eating after 8:00 PM, 9 the latest and I ate my biggest meal first thing in the morning. I use to skip breakfast because I didn’t have the time but now I make the effort and I instantly noticed a huge difference. I was able to burn the food off during the day, vs eating late at night and not being to burn off those calories.

Drank A LOT of water and made sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night. I know all if this seems straight forward and pretty obvious but if you stick to it for 3 months, you will see an improvement. I also did the Slim in 6 program. It is from the same creators as P90X –Beach Body and adding this to your routine will speed up the process and the exercises in the program are really straight forward and it’s not that time consuming with a busy schedule. Also try and have 5 -6 small meals throughout the day try and eat every 2 -3 hours so you don’t get to hungry and over eat. Use a meal replacement / shake in between your major meals.

Good Luck :seeya:

Try to increase your exercise intensity

Something I know works is to exercise at a higher intensity. This will kick start your metabolism and give you faster results. It will also cut down your workout time so you'll have more time to spend with your little one.

Hi,to all

You can try out my diet plan with oatmeal. Both my hubby and myself are still on oatmeal even now. At the beginning, you may feel hungry easily... but then, once you.get used to it, it is just another normal meal!
Shakes are good to have,they are nutritious, they have alot of vitamins and minerals, they give you energy and they fill you up.

Yeah I love milkshakes too..

Oh wait you mean shakes as in what..those meal replacement shakes? You know what is even better than you? Real food.

And please start looking at the dates of the last posters. This was a dead thread. Stop bumping threads that lets you push your cleansing crap.

Hi,

I'm a mom to 2 kids myself, and I struggled at first to lose the weight, but I managed to do it. There are changes that happened to my body, but I managed to go back to a healthy lifestyle (diets never worked for me).

I eat well, and I exercise well. I try to eat a decent amount of protein, healthy fats, and leave carbs for pre/post workout. For the exercise part, I do both cardio and strength training. I'm kind of a workout junkie though, so that might have helped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back