IMPORTANT - reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusylver

Sport and Exercise Coach
Staff member
If you are posting progress photographs or before and afters, please watermark your pics, whether your sharing here or anywhere on the internet, unscrupulous people in the weight-loss industry do steal pic so they can use them to promote scam weight loss products and services.

Today I have already had to remove two new members who used stolen pics from elsewhere online and I and the other moderators will continue to keep the forum clear of such scams as much as we can but if we miss one remember if it sounds to good to be true there is a large chance it is a scam.

Ok

another thing you might want to check if you post your own photos. photo information CAN contain your GPS location but you can either turn that off completely with the phone/ camera, or you can Remove Properties and Personal Information on any image. right-click on the image, select Properties and the Details tab. the option is at the bottom of that mini-screen before you upload.

These are very good tips. I've uploaded many photos in the past with my fitness transformations, only to find them posted by someone else online! There are so many people who will try and take other people's credit. Many people don't even have the opportunity to experience these body transformation results to post these pictures. For those that are reading this who haven't seen results in your weight-loss endeavors, there are many great supplements that'll get you those results. Spam Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a very unusual thing to want to do on your first ever posting here. Most things like that are spam or advertising one way or another... It would require a mod to plough through it to ensure there was no hidden advertising. I would have to check - but I'm pretty sure that the forum rules say that new members are not allowed to post ANY links.

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/welcome-to-wlf-rules-and-info-thread.37248/

If you check through the rules carefully - we check through links for more established members... So many people join and start spamming straight away. I would suggest you join in the business of the forum - telling us about your weight journey, making friends, supporting others... Then when you are an established member - a mod would check a link and decide whether to allow it.

Closing this thread as it attracts an insane amount of spam :svengo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back