I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star3

To start myself off, I'm Star.
I'm 19 years old, and I don't have the healthiest behaviors or feelings when it comes to my own weight. I've struggled with my self esteem and body image for my entire life. I have essentially suffered from borderline near eating disorders for 2 years, and am attempting my best to get over it.
At 5'4, my highest weight is about 184.
My lowest is 82.
Currently, I weigh in at approximately 134 on my scale - almost exactly in between the two. However, I am still about 20 to 25 pounds higher than the weight I wish to get at, someday.
My biggest struggle now is maintaining good health, however, and that takes prevalence over losing weight.
Essentially, I'm here for support, and hopefully some good weight loss help, so that I can do it healthily this time around.
Thank you.

Hi Star. Welcome to the forum. i think you will really like it here and we will do our best to give you helpful advice and we will ALWAYS be here for support.
I think a healthy weight for someone your size is closer to 120?? Guess it depends on your frame, eh?

Well, the lowest recommended weight for my height is about 107 or 108, and I have a rather little frame as is. I wouldn't mind rounding it off at 110 or so.
And thank you for replying. I really can't wait to start actually posting. I'm sick of getting constant emails about encouragment over getting over my "eating disorder" and really just want so badly to be healthy. It takes work though! I'm still attempting to eat 2 smaller meals per day and build my way up to normal eating.
Anyway, essentially, I'm glad to be here, and it's very nice to meet you :)

It's nice to meet you too.
My step-sister is only an inch taller and has a very small frame ... she weighs around 108 and i think that is about 10-15 pounds to small to be at a healthy level. I think the "lowest level" is way too low ... especially since your weight can change a couple pounds a day ... so you would basically be unhealthy in the morning and healthy in the evening ... for some reason that just doesn't sound right to me.
Sorry, this is a bad subject for me because it bugs me how little my sis eats and she still thinks she weighs too much.
I look forward to reading more posts.

Hi Star. I'm new here too. Wow it sounds like u've really struggled. I've had problem with eating too. Not as bad as you though. How little were you eating that you went from 180 something to like 80? Even when I go without eating I never lost a lot of weight. Well, anyways, I'm glad you seem to be doing better, and I think actuall the right weight for your height nowadya is 125. So your right around there, which means your in pretty good shape. I hope things are well. Cheers.

Thanks :) And, the 180 to 80 wasn't ever something that happened easy. I suffered from some forms of self-starvation (I hestitate to call in anorexia, as I hesitate to call other unhealthy behaviors I have had bulimia. I figure I'm best sticking with calling my eating habits disordered, without the official label). I reached my highest weight a few years ago. Then, when my grandmother passed away, I became so depressed that I stopped eating for about a week, not meaning for it to be a diet. I dropped about 10 pounds, and with all the compliments I recieved, I feel into disordered eating patterns.
I'd work out 4 hours or more at the gym each day and subsist on nearly nothing - at points half a slim fast bar in the morning as my only meal, and often times less.
Eventually, I worked to getting healthy, and maintained a decent 120, but soon that wasn't good enough for me. I quickly shot down to 82 pounds and maintained that, while anyone I met frequently begged me to eat more than my typical apple or orange in the morning and cup of lettuce at night.
Then, one night after getting a ride home with a guy from work, he attempted to take serious advantage of me, and in my shock and disappointment with myself, I binged majorly and ballooned up 50+ pounds in less than 3 weeks. My weight went up to 140 eventually, before I decided I couldn't handle it anymore. Since then, it's flip-floped between 140 and 120, and I'd been going through a lot of binge/purge type activitys and a few times of starvation. Finally, recently, I decided that I just can't handle this anymore. It's taken over my life, and I need to get healthy. And so, through a search online, I found this place - and I sincerely hope to use it to vent, to gain support, and to get healthy.

Wow, you really have been through a lot. Your story is really inspiring and it's cool b/c ur the same age as me so it's easy to relate. I hope that things only get better for you and I look forward to hearing about your progress! Stay strong!

Thanks so much :) I intend to do my very best to get over everything and just remain healthy, and I honestly hope I can do so. I wish the best of luck to you, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back