I'm a newby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudan588

How is everyone!? My name is Susan, and I am hanging out in Moore, Oklahoma.
I have decided (for the millionth time) that I am fed up with being heavier than I should be!! I am laying off of sodas and red bull (which I'm addicted to) and am trying to get myself back into the gym at least 4 days a week. I came here because I figured a support team that's doing some of the same things would probably be good for me :)
I am 5 1/2 feet tall and weigh about 176 pounds. My legs are in great shape, but my abs and upper body are blehhhh!!! This tummy has GOT TO GO!!!!!
Anyways....good to be here, and I hope to make some new friends to chit chat with!

Cheers!!

Hi Susan! Welcome - I'm a newcomer too! I've just started a 12-week body challenge at my gym.. Watch out!! - by Sept. I'm gonna be a hottie! (laughing)

Good idea to lay off the soda... even, diet isn't great.. I've heard that for every caffinated drink you drink, to have 2 8 ounce glasses of water.. I'm a diet coke addict (with or without caff) If I drank that much water I'd float away! Are you back at the gym yet? What r your workouts like?

Nancy

Hi Nancy!
I started out walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes and doing a short weight-training set (mostly upper body and abs.)
I am now to 45 minutes on the TM, or 30 minutes on the stepper, and a more in-depth weight-training set.
I just got started back up. I got very discouraged a while back because I was busting my butt with NO results. I'm determined to do whatever it takes to find my ideal workout. I need to lose about 28 lbs.
How much have you got to lose? What is the reward for the 12 week challenge?
Thanks for your reply! It was great hearing from you!

Susan

HI Susan,

welcome to the forum! Good to have you here!

Your workout plan looks very good...I read in a fitness newsletter, that the routine should be changed frequently because the body adjusts to whatever you do and therefore it's possible that you hit a plateau. It's great that you started up again.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back