I'm 15 and need some help/advice on bmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisizlame2

So I've noticed my weight loss has plateaued even though I've been following my fitness pals calorie plan. I've been working out and eating healthy but all of a sudden my weight loss has stopped and I've been feeling quite tired even though I've been getting a good amount of sleep. I was wondering if since I've increased my carbs I'm having water retention or something like that. So I checked a tdee calculators ( and some bmr calculators)and it says my bmr is 1,633 cals, and my fitness pal says I should only be consuming 1,231 cals. I had to lie to my fitness pal about my age by saying I'm 18 instead of 15 cause it won't let anyone under 18 use the app. I don't want to gain any weight but I also don't want to screw up my body, so which one do you guys suggest Bmr/ tdee calculator or my fitness pal? Btw I've been at this weight loss for 3 weeks thing and have lost 8 pounds, so idk what I'm doing wrong.

You do not give any information to base advice on except your age. At 15 you are still growing, a 15 year old often needs more calories than an 18 year old and higher nutritional needs so lying about your age in apps like MFP is not a smart move.

https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/information-needed-when-asking-for-help.89399/

Reactions: PLB
I'm always very hesitant when talking about weight loss with people your age for the same reason that Trusylver mentioned... You may still be growing and your body needs enough calories and nutrients to grow in a healthy way. ~1200 calories really does not sound like enough for a 15 year old. There are reasons why there are minimum ages for using things like calorie trackers. And I have to say, 8 lbs lost in 3 weeks sounds like a lot! It's much faster than I recommend for most people. It sounds like your body is telling you that you are not giving it enough fuel if you have been tired lately.

Can you give us more details on your routine? Like what your typical day looks with respect to food and exercise? And more details about your height & weight?

I'm always very hesitant when talking about weight loss with people your age for the same reason that Trusylver mentioned... You may still be growing and your body needs enough calories and nutrients to grow in a healthy way. ~1200 calories really does not sound like enough for a 15 year old. There are reasons why there are minimum ages for using things like calorie trackers. And I have to say, 8 lbs lost in 3 weeks sounds like a lot! It's much faster than I recommend for most people. It sounds like your body is telling you that you are not giving it enough fuel if you have been tired lately.

Can you give us more details on your routine? Like what your typical day looks with respect to food and exercise? And more details about your height & weight?

I'm 5'4, 188 pounds and a girl. I wake up at 10 go take my dog out fro a bit then go do a hit excercise for 17 mins or ressistance training for 30 mins(with weights and calisthenics) I then go in room for an hour, have a cup of frozen berries practice an instrument, go out have breakfast which is usually 2 egg whites with an egg with a half a serving of cheese, and turkey sausage. I with my dog for like 20 mins then go back in my room and practice again then I go out chill with dog or play drums. I go in again I might have 1/4 cup of trail mix or a rice cake. I go out have dinner which is usually chicken or egg whites, then later I have like 3 snack which are fruits or a serving of trail mix In that time I'm usually playing with my dog. I then go practice drums or guitar for 2 to 3 hours then go to sleep at 1 or so. I'm just wondering if I should eat less or more. I'm mainly worried cause I'm tired even though I'm eating good and I'm getting enough sleep. Main reason I used my fitness pal is cause I can't get a nutritionist or anything so I just need something to count my Cal's unfortunately I can't find any for people that are under age.

So I've noticed my weight loss has plateaued even though I've been following my fitness pals calorie plan. I've been working out and eating healthy but all of a sudden my weight loss has stopped and I've been feeling quite tired even though I've been getting a good amount of sleep. I was wondering if since I've increased my carbs I'm having water retention or something like that. So I checked a tdee calculators ( and some bmr calculators)and it says my bmr is 1,633 cals, and my fitness pal says I should only be consuming 1,231 cals. I had to lie to my fitness pal about my age by saying I'm 18 instead of 15 cause it won't let anyone under 18 use the app. I don't want to gain any weight but I also don't want to screw up my body, so which one do you guys suggest Bmr/ tdee calculator or my fitness pal? Btw I've been at this weight loss for 3 weeks thing and have lost 8 pounds, so idk what I'm doing wrong.

My height is 5'4 I'm 188 pounds and a female. I do hiit for 17 mins or so or resistance training for 30 mins which includes weights and calisthenics. I usually eat egg whites turkey sausage, salad and chicken. My snacks are usually frozen fruit, 1/2 cup of trail mix or rice cakes. I'm in my room fro half the day in increments of an hour, while in my room I'm usually practicing drums guitar or keyboard. I don't have any medical issues besides weight from what I know, and I get 8 to 9 hours of sleep.

I'm 51 and have lost over 100 lbs in the last year.

From what I can see I would tell you to throw away the trail mix. Eat at the max 3 healthy meals with no snacking!!

Give up sugar and grain, especially any refined grain like those crap trail mixes and crap that is sold to us as healthy but is nothing but poison. If you have to eat grains eat whole grain and very little.

Learn how and what foods trigger an insulin response. Stay away from those high on the glycemic index.

You have to eat healthy. What you think is healthy and what really is healthy are two different things if you don't look and feel healthy, excepting a medical issue, which many of which are at least helped by a proper diet.

Healthy are foods that grow and animals that were alive. That's basically all it is. The closer it is to being just like nature, even when cooked, the healthier it will be. Think veggies, meats, cheese, fruits, nuts, berries, eggs. Quit anything that was made in a factory by someone else

Do these things and you will achieve your goals. It is that simple. You just have to stick with it and not give up. I have been fat all my life and sick and obese the last 20 years. I am now quit healthy and more fit than when I played football in school. This is what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back