I need Tofu recipes?!?!

Alta818

Hey Guys,
I read in an article that incorporating 2 oz. of Soy daily to your diet can help you loose an extra 29lbs. throughout a period of 6 months! I am giving a try and Need some more recipes for the Tofu, can you guys please help me out!

Thanks,
Alta :)

Where did you read that and what studies have backed it up?
I find it extremely difficult to believe thaat it's true - unless you're replacing a high calorie meal with 2 ounces of tofu - whichreally isn't a lot...

Eat tofu because you like it - not because you believe it's got some sort of magical property -because it doesnt.

You are probably right..I read it in one of those "First" magazines at the market!...The good thing is I do like Tofu....so I guess I could see how it might make you loose weight in addition to replacing high fat red meats, but yeah, other than that who knows...lol....As for now I'm trying to stick to fish, tofu, chicken, and cut out red meats.....how are you going about it?....also I am training for a half marathon for May 17.....I'm at about 4.5 miles daily right now....soon to be more....

Yeah, two ounces of tofu isn't much. Not at all. It's about 1/6 of a block of tofu. It's even really enough for a meal.

But if you like tofu, here are some things I do with it:

I marinate it in watered down soy sauce and then bake it on a sheet. I sprinkle garlic powder and a little sea salt on it and bake it.

I roll it in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and ground pepper and bake it.

You could blend it up and incorporate it into a smoothie to make a sort of a liquid/drinkable yogurt with it.

I eat tons of tofu, so much that I get sick of it sometimes. Why not just eat edamame? They're tasty and unprocessed. You could also experiment with tempe or soy milk, if it's the soy you're after.

There are tons and tons of soy/tofu recipes out there. I'd start with

savvyvegetarian.com
fatfree.com
vegweb.com
and
fatfreevegan.com

-Tamara

Yeah, two ounces of tofu isn't much. Not at all. It's about 1/6 of a block of tofu. It's even really enough for a meal.

But if you like tofu, here are some things I do with it:

I marinate it in watered down soy sauce and then bake it on a sheet. I sprinkle garlic powder and a little sea salt on it and bake it.

I roll it in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and ground pepper and bake it.

You could blend it up and incorporate it into a smoothie to make a sort of a liquid/drinkable yogurt with it.

I eat tons of tofu, so much that I get sick of it sometimes. Why not just eat edamame? They're tasty and unprocessed. You could also experiment with tempe or soy milk, if it's the soy you're after.

There are tons and tons of soy/tofu recipes out there. I'd start with

savvyvegetarian.com
fatfree.com
vegweb.com
and
fatfreevegan.com

-Tamara
Hey THANKS so MUCH....that OVEN one SOUNDS Really GOOD....Lately I've just been eating it in the morning with egg whites salt, and pepper! That SOUNDS great thanks, for those web sites, I'll check them out TOO! :)

I love tofu too and eat a lot of it everyday. Since I am mostly a vegetarian, Tofu is a good source of protein for me. I eat steamed tofu for breakfast and Tofu salad in my lunch almost 6 days a week when I do my weight training.

You can make tofu (non silken variety) salad by mixing steamed diced tofu squares with the following:
Diced carrots
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Capsicum
Diced Cucumber
A bowl full of boiled soya beans

Mix everything with salt, pepper and fresh mint leaves and it makes a delicious and filling salad. You can try different veggies to see what tastes best for you.

I love tofu too and eat a lot of it everyday. Since I am mostly a vegetarian, Tofu is a good source of protein for me. I eat steamed tofu for breakfast and Tofu salad in my lunch almost 6 days a week when I do my weight training.

You can make tofu (non silken variety) salad by mixing steamed diced tofu squares with the following:
Diced carrots
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Capsicum
Diced Cucumber
A bowl full of boiled soya beans

Mix everything with salt, pepper and fresh mint leaves and it makes a delicious and filling salad. You can try different veggies to see what tastes best for you.
Hey THANKS so MUCH guys....I LOVE the NEW recipes! Thanks! :)

these recipes sound so good. i have never cook tofu before but now that i am going vegan i really need to start incorporating it in my diet. i have never been good at cooking meat but tofu scares me a bit more.

I am in love with Satay Tofu at the moment.

I cut the tofu block in half and grill the two pieces on both sides so that it's a little crispy (as crispy as tofu will get!). Chop it into bits. I then mix it with a good satay sauce, cashews, capsicum, mushrooms, spinach and a little bit of corriander. Serve with rice. It's delish!

Also chickpea and tofu curry rocks my world. Do the grilling and chopping thing again. Then heat some curry paste (madras, balti, what ever...) in a pan and add the tofu. Add a tin of chickpeas and a tin of tomatoes. Corriander and Spinach to finish. Stir and simmer and bobs yer uncle, a great meal that is cheap, quick and easy and totally fills you up! Is cool on it's own or with rice.

Back