I need to lose weight fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnk

Hi I’m a teen (just turned 15) and I currently weigh about 166lbs. I’m extremely embarrassed about my weight. I have an ugly layer of fat covering my stomach and it makes me ashamed. I really want to lose weight and get down to about 135lbs the fastest way possible. Recently I’ve been trying to only have about 1500ish calories per day. I realize I should be exercising but unfortunately with so much school work and music (I play in a band) I haven’t gotten to exercise. My school is very small and doesn’t have sports too. I would just love some tips on how to lose weight fast in my scenario. I’m not happy with how I look and I won’t even take off my shirt when swimming. Please give me your two cents! Thanks!

Hey Finnk, welcome to the forum. 1,500 calories a day should help you lose that weight. I think you will find most folks here encourage healthy sustainable weight loss over fast. It will help keep you from regaining.

What kind of a band? What do you play?

Best of luck to you!

Hi, Finnk & welcome to the forum. At 15 you would still be growing so making some minor adjustments to your diet will probably do the trick. Without knowing what you currently eat it's hard to make recommendations, but concentrating on eating healthily & cutting down on junk food, if you eat it, would be an obvious improvement. Please don't do anything drastic as rapid weight-loss inevitably leads to rebound weight gain. I have had a lifetime battle with weight & wish I had never gone on a crash diet. Every time you regain weight it's always more. All I had to do was keep an eye on my weight & adjust slightly. You can do this.
I love bluegrass.

hello @Finnk !
That is good you decided to look for some tips here. I am sure you will get it!
I need you to be more clear. What do you mean by 'lose weight fast'? How fast? What is your goal? Do you have any plan for your good start? :)

Losing weight really fast isn't good for physical and mental health at all. The most possible future for this way is the yoyo effect, which can make you more depressed about your lose weight journey.
What I would suggest for now is to be more patient about yourself and more kind for yourself. The loose weight process can be actually a really nice experience but first, you have to understand what I mentioned above.

I'm not an expert but I can tell you by experience that losing weight fast is not good for you, mainly because you regain your weight very fast as well. The best thing to do is losing weight gradually by eating lean proteins and cutting off starchy food. Exercise is also important, try to walk a lot. For example, you can walk while reading or rehearsing for your music class, that's a good exercise and you can do two things at the time. Forget about using your scale every day. Just ignore it. It won't motivate you.

Closing this thread due to the large amount of spam it is attracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back