I need some help, i'm really upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollypoppet

Hi, i'm new so please bare with me :) :blush5::eek:

I'm 20 years old and a girl and my weight 11st, 70kg, 154lbs however you know it. I've been dieting for the last 2 months now or so, i'm 5'5 and a bit, and i've been going to the gym about 3-5 times a week for about an hour and a half doing cardio, i.e treadmill, cross trainer (elliptical), bike, stairs, rowing machine and some weights and i aim to burn about 500-600 calories per work out. I drink plenty of water, and i eat 6 meals a day, 3 main meals, breakfast lunch and dinner, and inbetween those meals, i might snack on fruits or vegetables or nuts, i have no fat in my diet, like crisps or chips, etc, just natural fats from fruit and meat, and i eat a lot of white meat too, a lot of chicken turkey etc I try to eat about 1200 calories a day, no more than 1500, but mostly about 1200. Everyone's told me i look like i've lost a lot of weight weight, and i can see it in my face and i do see that i look like i've lost weight. I've noticed a difference and i do feel better about exercising. But i weighed myself, and i'm sitll exactly the same, and i know, muscle is more dense than fat, so i probably would have lost the fat as the muscle is building (and i can feel my legs and arms get harder because of the muscle gain). So i started measuring myself, like waist, etc, because they say its not always about the scales right? So, even though i look a bit smaller, my measurements are the same still? I dont understand why? I've dieted before i've managed to lose weight with the scale going down, but i dont understand why thi is happening now. Could someone please explain to me what is happening to my body? what i could do to make the scale go down? i'd really appreciate the help!! :)

also, mod's sorry if i posted in the wrong place!

Your diet and fitness regime looks pretty fantastic- unless you are hiding something, there appears literally no reason as to why you are putting weight on. I think you have hit the nail on the head in your post though. I am actually classified as "obese" according to the scales yet I have abs, large muscles etc. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat so if you have been training hard then this is bound to be affecting the scales. I would not get upset if you are seeing this- judge it on your overall appearance and how you are feeling. You said you are feeling better and other people have noticed this...Why worry?

I agree with Differ - why worry? You clearly look great, feel great, and are doing all the right things - why let a scale depress you? Look - I know a lot of diet and exercise gurus would shun me for this, but I haven't stepped on a scale in years. And if I do, it's at the doctors and I tell them not to tell me. Why? Because I eat right, exercise, feel great, and my clothes fit - why stress about a number? And of course, muscle weighs more than fat. If you're gaining muscle, you're going to weigh more - it doesn't mean you're getting fat.

Keep doing what you're doing - don't get frustrated and quit! You got this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back