I need help and support reguarding diet and fitness. Please help me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolemarie13

Hi I'm an 18 year old girl and I've been struggling with weight loss for some time now. I weigh around 140 and I'm 5"4. My best weight I've ever been at was 115 and I'd really love to get to that weight again. I really believe in eating healthy and working out daily. I'm not into "dieting" but more of looking at eating healthy everyday as a lifestyle and a way of living. I don't know why but I can't seem to find the motivation to stick to my plan. I want to be able to eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables and drink tons of water and workout everyday. But I can't seem to stick to it :( I always end up binge eating and overeating and emotional eating :/ I know that I shouldn't just eat fruits and vegetables, I should eat a snack here and there to keep me satisfied. But I just don't know how to control my eating. Can someone please help me with this? I can't do it on my own anymore.. It's so hard. At one point I was doing everything I wanted to do and I was losing weight and I looked good but I just hit an all time low and I've started gaining a lot of weight again :( It really depresses me. Please someone help me, It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Have you taken a look at the Weight Loss Diary section? Many people find that starting a journal there and posting regularly can help to talk through their emotions before, during, and after binges. It's a great way to keep track of your diet and exercise and to have others checking in on you and giving you encouragement along the way.

Start small. You have to get your mind focused on eating better and loosing that weight. That is the first step. Next would be re-evaluate your fridge and pantry. Throw out or give away any of the foods you should not be eating. Also, start keeping track of what you eat, calories intake, or something so you have a reference to fall back on. If you have a smart phone there are a bunch of apps on there to do so. The diary on this site is also helpful. You should get on the site at least once a day to get ideas from other people.

one way or the other, losing weight I believe takes place within the context of change in life style, so I suggest to think about something you like to do (some sport, friends, music) and then relate your efforts for losing weight to these elements. e.g., activities with friends, listenign to music you can dance etc

Getting to a target weight you have been at before can be done at your age. Sometimes when we think about the place we aren't at yet, it makes the goal that much harder and not very fun. So, break it up on your activities rotating cardio and small muscle training like weight lifting. The more muscle you build up the quicker you'll slim down. Also, it sounds like from your post you have been trying to stay with a strict veggies and fruit and end up binging? Here's my rule of thumb, coming from a chocolate freak. I allow myself one day a week as a "free day" to enjoy some chocolate malt balls or dark chocolate bars, then I don't bing the other times! It's important you satisfy your cravings in moderation so you don't completely fall of the wagon. Plus you end up sticking to the plan toward your goal and looking forward to that one "free" day! I hope this helps! Courtney / Free report:

I was your size at 18. I am now older and I found what helped me the best was really portion control. I made sure I stayed away from the sugar and tried to walk as much as I can. You are lucky. You are young and it is easier. Keep positive, try to watch your calories and don't be hard on yourself if you fall. Keep in mind "food" isn't going anywhere. When you get down as far as you want, that food will still be there so you don't have to have it right now. Try to find someone to help you out locally. Like a friend and make it a friend thing. Go walk together. Sometimes it makes it easier for you to have someone to help you. Good lock.

Hey no need to get depressed about weight. Keep the life enjoying as per your routine diet which includes fruits, vegetables, daily workout etc. Many times, results will take time to come out in the form of weight loss. As gaining weight is bit easy but losing weight is quite difficult. As you said in your thread that you “ eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables and drink tons of water and workout everyday”. I think this is enough for anyone if he/she is really sincere about losing weight. Just wait and do your best in the right way.
Other ways you need to follow is discussed in below link (Fitness Trainer)
Spam Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Closing Thread, the OP has not been on the forum since 2012, These older threads attract a lot of spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back