i need a exercise bike with a laptop tray

I work such long hours, if only i could find an exercise bike with a tray of some sort that i can put my laptop on. I could get in exercise while still being productive. As it is, since work does come 1st, i barely ever have time to sleep 8hrs much less exercise. I cant seem to find a bike with a tray for a laptop. They all have such big displays which does seem a bit pointless, i thought some manufacturer out there may have reduced the display onto the side of a tray made for a laptop.

Does anyone know of a exercise bike out there with a tray on it? The laptop is totally wireless, so cords arent a factor at all, i just need a platform of some sort to put my laptop on while i exercise.

Pertrhaps you need to rig something up. I use a recumbant Precor 817
E which ostensibly would accomodate such a thing. It'd ave to be pretty secure, though.

Ya i dont think i want to rig anything up myself. With the vibrations of the machine, im sure the possibilty of the laptop falling off and breaking is a big one. That would be a total nightmare to deal with. I wish it wasnt so difficult to find. With all the people out there that work more than 40+ hours a week, and all the people that find it hard to work in exercise this feature would really be a great selling point. I mean id pay like $200+ more for a bike just to have a stinking plastic tray to put my laptop on lol.

This might sound strange but I believe a lot of the "Golds Gym" Centers have that kind of a set up. Try calling them to see where they get it.

Laptop Exercise Bike at Music City Marathon

I had been watching posts on this for a while and wanted to chime in and tell all that I saw a laptop exercise bike like this at the Music City Marathon convention center this past week. It had just been introduced by a couple of guys based out of that area.

I Googled them and found their website. It's for real and looks promising - and you get the bike and top for under 200 bucks. :action5:

Just Google "SpinDesk" or and it should come up. I ordered mine a few days ago. Will let you know how it works out.

Last edited:
As per as my knowledge is concern that byke is also a kind of exercise. But gym and running is the best exercise. If you want to know some more excercise tips you should search some instructor for that he can help you.

This idea seems to make sense for me. Laptop and exercise bike. I have been looking around here to get ideas on how to start training. I also work alot like mereann, so I don't have a lot of time to exercise.

Maybe this can get me started to exercise. Nice website... spindesk

Yeah, the SpinDesk just came in the mail today. IT IS AWESOME! :luxlove:

The real great thing is that you can rest your elbows comfortably while riding it. I've been on it for an hour doing email and stuff. I can't believe nobody came up with this before. I've got a couple of guys I train with that I'm going to insist they buy one.

Also, I noticed they have it on amazon too:

Here's the official website again.

Last edited:
Spin Desk is this the only one?

Hi JunkBuddist,

So it looks like you got a Spin Desk. Did you get it from the site? I went to Amazon and could not find it. Probably going to buy one soon. Is there anyone else that makes one?
I also saw there is a couple of exercise with laptops for treadmills. But I don't want my knees going south on me. Too many people complain about knee problems that walk and jog a lot.

Before I buy things like this I do like to do the research. Not much out there for these products. IF you know where I can learn more please forward on. Thanks

Are you guys serious?? Take 20 minutes out of your day and do some HIIT and be done with it. How can you possibly get a good workout if you are working on a computer at the same time?

The real great thing is that you can rest your elbows comfortably while riding it.

This is definitely NOT a benefit!!! Resting your 'elbows comfortably' gives you HORRIBLE form on the bike!

1stthings1st said:
Not much out there for these products.

I think there is good reason for that!!!! Personally, I think you are doing yourself more harm than good trying to multi-task like this....jmo

exercise with my laptop... at same time

Are you guys serious?? Take 20 minutes out of your day and do some HIIT and be done with it. How can you possibly get a good workout if you are working on a computer at the same time?

This is the problem. If I could take 20 min and do the training I would not be like the millions of people that can't get themselves started with a fitness program. I was hoping to just get a routine of exercise started. Not bs myself with commitments I never keep. I read the Spin Desk website and it takes you to an article by the Mayo Clinic that says that multitasking in your exercise is a very effective way to get it done. Which brings me back to the original problem with the HIIT logic. It never happens for most people. jmho.

This is definitely NOT a benefit!!! Resting your 'elbows comfortably' gives you HORRIBLE form on the bike!

I can not say as I do not have a Spin Desk. But until you try one I guess it is best to not say.

I think there is good reason for that!!!! Personally, I think you are doing yourself more harm than good trying to multi-task like this....jmo[/QUOTE]

My back hurts just from looking at that bike.

This is my concern too. There is a bike that is a top seller for 2 years on Amazon. It looks just like the Spin Desk. Reviews are 4.5 stars. No one complained about comfort. I guess being an upright bike it should not be the back breaker of leaned over spin bikes. Spin Desk also makes one for spin bikes. This is looks more like your speed if that is what you mean by your quote?

I need to make a choice about getting something. Guy I know who works out told me to get in this forum to ask what people thought. I appreciate any input and will probable just buy it as it is only $200 and has good reviews.

You make it sound so easy. Maybe if only 70% + of the population could agree you would have something. But ... innovative is what it is going to take. Not just the same old, "just do 20 min of High intensity training"

Is there anywhere in this forum where innovative ways to exercise is talked about?

In the time you have spent researching this bike, and posting the questions of a quicker - easier way, you probably could have had a nice little workout!!! If there were a magic pill or 'innovative' way to work out, don't you think everyone would be doing it??

You do not want to "bs yourself with commitments"....however commitment is EXACTLY what you need to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. When you are ready to do that, I am sure you will find time to get in a 'proper' workout.

If you still choose to go this route, let us know how you do. I suppose any type of exercise is better than nothing. Track your progress, I would love to know how it works for you in the long run.

Good luck to you.

Ha ha... you guys are really funny. There are some good comments related to the importance of getting a good workout in the great wide open, but let's recall the point of this thread: to discuss products that exist that allow people to raise their heartrate while interfacing with a computer.

Derwyddon, I agree with you that this is not a substitute for training - it's really a 21st invention for computer users to move on. Sounds like you've gotten some great results by following the right prescription: good nutrition, and daily exercise.

It's no substitute for hardcore training for sure, but that's not why I bought it, he he.

As a person who's job is to work many long hours per day doing technical support on logistics systems, this product is a dream come true. I drew up possible designs of my own years ago and couldn't understand why this had not been invented.

Today, for example, I'm past my 11th hour of work. I took a 2 break during lunch and got a 4 mile run in, but I still put in about an hour on the Spindesk this morning after breakfast.

I don't really focus on getting a workout, I just get some mild cardio while working -- apparently that is what it's designed for - just to get your blood pumping a bit.

After some more time with it, my only gripe is that it doesn't power my laptop... now THAT would be cool!

If there are any other computer jockey's out there who understand how being wired cramps our style (ha ha... cramp) I definitely recommend it.

oh yeah. Turns out that when your elbows are resting, it's just like being on a road bike. FYI.

Using it now. I'm pedaling, my heartrate is up, I'm posting here, reviewing a spreadsheet of server IP addresses, and carrying on a conversation in chat.

I realize my geek factor is probably well above average!

Good to see that Spindesk is out there

Darn I can't seem to get off the computer and forums. But I am spinning on Spindesk. Yes, this is a good and comfortable way to get an exercise program started.

Does anyone know where I can log my hours ridden?

And still going....

I am back, mainly because I have lots of time to kill. This SpinDesk was recommended to me to help me get in exercise. Well it has been 3 weeks and I have ridden over 1 hour 4 days a week. All while reading forums, posting on topics I am familiar with, and best of all playing video games.
Everyone should know that this type of product will be popular some day. Exercising while using a laptop just plan works. So for anyone who knows someone who does not get much exercise, or just likes to stay moving. This product will work.

This is now called a FitDesk. There website is .
Also, great reviews on Amazon.com

Back