i have club foot and need help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRIAN RICHARD

I am 33 yrs old and have gained a lot of weight. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and used to maintain weight around 275 lbs. I now weigh 450 - 500 lbs and am having a huge problem losing it. I have a severe case of club foot in my right ankle. my Achilles tendon on my right foot was removed when I was young. I have had a fusion in my ankle to hold it in place. I can not jog or run. I am not suppose to do anything thing excessive on it including walking. I have arthritis in it as well. I work a desk job 45 hrs a week. I drive between 1.25 - 1.5 hrs each way to work mon - fri. I also have a family that I have to take care of. it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much. I could use all the help or advice I can get. what can I do to lose weight? what kind of exercises can I do?

I am 33 yrs old and have gained a lot of weight. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and used to maintain weight around 275 lbs. I now weigh 450 - 500 lbs and am having a huge problem losing it. I have a severe case of club foot in my right ankle. my Achilles tendon on my right foot was removed when I was young. I have had a fusion in my ankle to hold it in place. I can not jog or run. I am not suppose to do anything thing excessive on it including walking. I have arthritis in it as well. I work a desk job 45 hrs a week. I drive between 1.25 - 1.5 hrs each way to work mon - fri. I also have a family that I have to take care of. it doesn't leave a lot of time to do much. I could use all the help or advice I can get. what can I do to lose weight? what kind of exercises can I do?
hope your weight loss is going well. I too am not able to exercise due to health issues with my back and legs which included surgery. I started dieting about 7 weeks ago and I’m down 36 pounds. I started at 306 and now weigh 270. I eat between 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I am 59 years old and 6’0” tall. I am retired from a 35 year career in government where I worked behind a desk most of the time. The bottom line is eat less calories than it takes to maintain your current weight. You could eat 2000 calories a day and loose 2 pounds a week for a while then you could gradually lower that to around 1500 yo 1800 until you reach your goal. This you could do without exercising. Just remember eat healthy and no fast foods or processed sugars etc. watch your carb intake. Good luck.

Speak to your doctor about a plan, and how you can reasonably set goals (in a way that is healthy! Dont skip meals, dont cut calories to the ridiculous, dont drop too much weight to quickly!)
Since exercise seems to be out of the question i dunno for that part.. but they say losing weight is around 80% nutrition.. Start tracking all that you eat, stay away from eating out, or at least limit it as much as possible, tracking food prepared by others can be one of the most challenging things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back