I have a stupid crush on my personal trainer

My personal trainer is so hot and kind and I developed a crush on him. It obviously can't go anywhere. Which man wants a disabled, diaper-wearing, sweaty, 656 pound woman ? He is so kind to me he treats me like a human being. Wish I was a beautiful woman then maybe I would have a shot.

Firstly, it's perfectly natural to feel this way about someone who is showing you kindness and helping you to achieve your goals. As humans we're wired to seek people who improve and comfort us and that's a personal trainer's job. Secondly, don't be so down on yourself. You're doing something great for your health and well being which shows a great deal of determination and strength of character. Fat does not mean ugly and plenty of disabled people are in happy, committed relationships.

In saying that, though, I do think nothing will come of a crush on a personal trainer. Part of their job is to be flirtatious and overly friendly to keep people coming back and paying for sessions. Many of them are actually married but take their rings off for work. My partner used to be a bartender and his managers told them to appear single and available to reel in more customers. So it's quite likely that people in jobs where attractiveness pays will actually be unavailable, either due to marital status, sexual orientation or outright not desiring a relationship in general.

This really isn't a bad thing at all! In fact, if you are brave and level headed, it can really motivate you to try harder. It most likely won't go any where, but surely being complimented for your progress by somebody you admire in whatever sense, feels much better than being complimented by a stranger.

Unless the crush is so strong that you are insanely nervous around him, and feel too sick to go to sessions, in which case you should probably switch. You can still be friends (maybe find him on facebook) and he will follow your progress.

I agree with LessOfJess, if he's making you feel comfortable and is being kind to you then he is doing a great job as a trainer. Who wants to be looked at like their less than everyone else? I'd say you have a good one, not everyone is so lucky! But at the same time it's understandable that you would be attracted to him, and no harm in that! I would just say don't let him distract you from your goals, and aim to be the best version of yourself so that you're happy with or without a hot trainer ;)

Good luck with everything, and keep up the hard work!

Back