I Broke the Plateau!!

christiekritter

I'm so excited!! I started working out five days a week about a year ago. I decided that I just couldn't do the fad diets. I tried the all protein diet, Atkins, and just about anything else you could imagine but I gained it all back every time. Then a miracle happened! My work opened a free gym! I started working out at lunch (5 days a week) and am now able to run 4 miles. When I started, I could only run for about 2 minutes. I also started weight training. I've been doing this for about a year now and so far I've lost about 13 pounds. I am 5'11" and currently weigh 169 (I started at 182). It's been slow because I haven't been on a strict diet. I have, however, changed my eating habits. I now eat small meals all day long. I used to just eat lunch and a big dinner. I also started eating a lot more protein and I'm taking a multi-vitamin. I log all my foods into FitDay.com and usually keep it around 1800 calories. I've been stuck at 171 pounds for a while now, but today I broke the plateau! I weighed in at 169. Working out is an addiction. If I miss a day I feel like crap; like I've somehow cheated myself. It makes me feel so good after a hard workout. People are finally starting to notice the difference. I also just got engaged over the Thanksgiving holiday. We're planning on getting married in May 2007 so I have plenty of time to get to my goal of 145 pounds (150 if I feel unhealthy). Hooray for exercise!!!

congratulations! and what a milestone too, your finally in the 160's! it might be slow, but its better this way because its a change in your life like you said and not a fad diet. dont you feel so much better? :)

I feel amazing. The best part is that it's routine now. I work full time and go to college at night so I never had the time to work out before. Now that my gym is right down the hall from my office, there's no excuse.

Back