How's it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sipowicz1

I am a law enforcement student, graduating this summer. I've always been a larger framed individual for a 6' tall guy. My best fitness days were when I was in high school; I graduated being 6' tall and around 220 lbs. However, I was in good shape as I was active in basketball and other extra-curricular activities.

Now, I am in no wheres near that shape, but it is where I would like to get back to (or at least close too). Thus, I am here to find help, guidance, and encouragement to reach the goal.

Additionally, I have physical fitness requirements I have to meet come this summer to get hired. Pushups, situps, max bench press and leg press, flexibility, and running. I'm no where hear where I need to be, and have a long road ahead. I've got to lose weight as well as gain strength. Of those requirements, I could likely meet the situp one, and maybe the leg press. Otherwise, no dice. :(

Anyways, I look forward to browsing and finding good tips and learning from the other members. I see the recipe forum is a bit slow, so I hope that will increase! ;)

All I can say for now is, start slow and set yourself some smaller goal to achieve. That way you don't get overwhelmed by the 'long road'. Start with weekly goals and make sure that they are realistic.

I would have to agree with Natalie. I know it is hard to be realistic ( It is a problem I have as well) because U would like to see results instantly. But that is not the way to Keep it off. I have heard that we have to learn a whole new way of living our lives. I was just thinking that could take a while. Unlearning everything U have ever been taught. Cutting out the bad habits, replacing them with new heathier ones. Just alot that can not be accomplished that soon Hon. Here if ya would like to talk Take care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back